🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork is suspending my account....again
Page options
jenniferhead
Community Member

UpWork is suspending my account....again

Greetings UpWork freelaners,

I keep getting messages from Upwork claiming that I have never done my video verification. However, I have already done my video verification. They seem to only have record that I verified my ID. The last time they incorrectly suspended my account becuase of this, they cancelled all of my active and submitted proposals, which represented dozens of hours of work and just about all of my connects. I had been invited to submit some of those proposals just the day before, and needless to say, did not get the jobs. When I contacted them about this, the message was essentially "Oops, our bad. You did actually do the thing we claim you never did". They gave me more connects but my proposals were gone forever. 

Now, Upwork has suspended my account once again, claiming that I have only ever verified my ID and have not done the video verification. They are suspending my payments again. I've got thousands of dollars hanging in limbo. They appear to only have record of my ID vericfication, and are dancing around the fact that they can't seem to find record of my video verification. I've gone back and fortha nd back and forth and am willing to make time for the hoop-jumping again, but it's hard for me to make time for this nonsense, as I am currently working on characterizing the genome of SARS-CoV-2, and the work is very time senstitive. 

This is also ironic, as the CEO of Upwork just sent out an email about how Upwork is taking extra measures to support freelancers during this time and is expiditing payemts. 

Have any other freelancers experienced this constant issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account, and it looks like the team has already updated you via ticket to confirm that your account is active. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during the verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account, and it looks like the team has already updated you via ticket to confirm that your account is active. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during the verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello mis joanne Marie ,

Kindly check my account because i have no varification tick by upwork ,and also completed my profile but not have option of varification video call .kindly check and please approved my account.

Thanks.

Hi Amir,

I checked, and it looks like you are not yet required to complete the verification process. Our team will reach out to you once you are required to complete the identity verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, thank you Joanne. I was finally able to get the hold removed. 

rsamborn
Community Member

Yup, I've had the same issue (on top of many others). Upwork's revenue source is their freelancers, yet they treat us like**Edited for Community Guidelines**.

I already verified my ID, as well. I was in the middle of a contract when they put my account on hold without warning.

Hi Rob,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please follow up on your open ticket in which you'll find a secure link to start your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members