🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork not showing jobs related to my work ar...
Page options
lucasmosquera
Community Member

UpWork not showing jobs related to my work area

As per UpWork description:

Browse the most recent jobs that match your skills and profile description to the skills clients are looking for.

When I pick the "Most Recent" category tab I'm not getting works that are related to my skills (Graphic Design). This doesn't happen with the "Best Matches" category, this one shows jobs properly related to my skills.

Unfortunately now I cannot apply to new jobs as they are not shown to me properly, I get a lot of categories mixed up like Translation jobs, Assistant jobs, Programming jobs, Accounting jobs, etc.

Best Matches Tab:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Most Recent Tab:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anything changed this last days that could have broken this? Anyone with the same problem recently? Anything I could do to fix this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Deleting cookies and re-logging in didn't fix the problem

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Lucas,

Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AndreaG

Hi Lucas,

Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed.

~Andrea
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

So your answer to Upwork not providing the correct to us, is to fix it yourself?

It is a concern, If you are not feeding us the correct jobs, are you feeding the clients the correct freelancers?

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel. The workaround suggested by Andrea is applicable when we confirm that talent hasn’t saved any search keyword in their feed. We always suggest freelancers to do this step to make sure that their feed is populated with jobs related to their skills, category and experience.

Job feeds for all freelancers work based on the skills added to their profile and if they still do not see relevant jobs on their feed, they can try the above workaround suggested by Andrea. The jobs showing on “My Feed” are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you’ve chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you’ve saved and searched. However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related). This is the reason why we highly suggest freelancers start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

Upwork's algorithms have always been terrible, and if they were fantastic they still couldn't possibly narrow projects sufficiently to make the feed useful. Searching for what you're looking for is a much more efficient way to find the projects you're interested in.

Hi Andrea. Thanks for the answer.

I didn't know about this feature. Saving my searched jobs made a new category "Me feed" where all the related jobs to the search were shown in my dashboard, which is cool because it also does it in a most recent basis.

My "Most Recent" tab kept showing unrelated jobs to my work area, however after a day or so it fixed.

So if anyone is experiencing this problem, this could solve it, as it has solved it to me.

Thanks for the help.

freelancerking
Community Member

I am having the same issue too since a few days ago

e3publishingco
Community Member

I am having this same issue.  It's a new problem I've not encountered before now.  

freelancerking
Community Member

Hello, I am Getting unrelated jobs in my job feed since a few days ago

Marketing

Sales

Research

BigData

etc

Please fix. Thank you

Hi Alex,

I suggest you to make a specialized profile that is free of cost with more selection of skills.

I was facing the same issue, But now its its fixed.

I hope this will help you alot  🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members