🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Update Profile for Top Rated Success?
Page options
growmyretail
Community Member

Update Profile for Top Rated Success?

Hi
I just got the email where it says: You're eligible to become Top Rated.
Cool. but I am fuzzled by the e-mail:

You're close to qualifying for Top Rated status on Upwork! We value your consistent, high-quality work for your clients. Now we want to help you be even more successful with Top Rated status.

Update your profile now, and you'll be awarded Top Rated status within 24 hours. Need inspiration? Check out these tips to make your profile stand out.

Why do I have to update my profile? 
Or even better, what exactly do I have to update? Because i do not want to change anything on my profile. So does that mean if i do not change anything, I will not be granted the TR status?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
robin_hyman
Community Member

Did you mean Rising Talent?

No I literally mean Top Rated Success. 

As I copy pasted the email info in the topic.

I would like to know this from a mod.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pieter,

Please note that one of the requirements freelancers need to meet in order to become Top Rated is to have a 100% complete profile. Please check the tips mentioned in the email notification, update your profile in order to fully complete it (check the profile completeness percentage on the right side of the home page on your account (Find Work page)) and you should receive an email confirming your Top Rated status in the next few days. Adding a Portfolio item will help complete your profile as well as better highlight your past work. Let us know if you need further advice or assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

hi,

as I now see, I need to add a certification in order to get 100%

Which i cannot do, since that does not apply in my industry and I am unable to do that.
so I was working towards the Top Rated, and now I cannot get that? Simply because my industry in venture capital, M&A and Hedge funds and the more specific area I am in has no such thing.
So after all the hard work, I just wont get that TRS badge then after all?

They should have informed me beforehand. because its not applicable for all industries.

Hi Pieter,

You can also use other variations to complete your profile up to 100%. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, it feels a bit unclear. after reading it.
Can you check my profile and see what is wrong?
It feels like I missed the 24 hour mark to update it, so not sure if I still get the TRS badge or not. Kinda stupid to dig through this

Hi Pieter,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already have a 100% complete profile. Once you meet all the requirements listed here, you will receive a notification letting you know that the Top Rated badge has been added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths