Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update memos

skyjiao
Ace Contributor
Yang J Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
1 of 5

I've been reading many posts talking about hourly contracts failing to be under Upwork's protection due to memos not updated. I never had any problems with my clients before about this issue but I'm very curious how to properly update memos. 

If I use the same memos, unchanged, for over 10 hours, am I still eligible for hourly contract protection? Should I update memos very frequently to guarantee my protection? Some tasks require long hours so it might take many hours working on the same thing, is that ok to leave the same memo or should I obligated to change it constantly? 

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Yang,

The focus is on keeping the memo directly related to the task you're currently working on, changing it as the work progresses. Note that you can update memos retroactively as well from your Work Diary.

Untitled
ecadorniga
Edmundo C Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
3 of 5

Hi Vladimir/ Upwork support, 

I am in the same predicament in that the lack of memos is being used as a reason for possibly reversing payments to the client.  I am trying to retroactively update memos but have been unable to do so using the work diary.  Please, can you provide the steps? Please note that my employer's account is currently suspended.

Regards,
Ed

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Edmundo C wrote:

I am in the same predicament in that the lack of memos is being used as a reason for possibly reversing payments to the client.  I am trying to retroactively update memos but have been unable to do so using the work diary. 

There are no "steps"

It is too late. You can only edit the memo for the current week, not for previous weeks.

The client likely failed to pay Upwork, (hence their suspension) and because your hours did not qualify for protection (no memos) Upwork won't be paying you out of their own pocket.

ecadorniga
Edmundo C Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
5 of 5

Double Post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS