Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Client Performance Evaluations

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 11

I have read a lot lately in the new Community Forum about "freelancer" performance evaluations; however, I cannot find anything about any ongoing "client" performance evaluations. Are client accounts coming under the same scrutiny as freelancer accounts? I for one sure hope so; starting when a client first signs up.

I found two tests on oDesk for oDesk independent contractors [aka freelancers], Staffing Managers, and agency contractors: 1) oDesk Readiness Test for Independent Contractors and Staffing Managers; and 2) oDesk Readiness Test for Agency Contractors. Noting the word "contractors," it appears these tests have been around for awhile.

Do freelancers have to pass either of those tests before they can bid on jobs and work thru oDesk? Where is the specific, dedicated "readiness" test for clients (clients only) that they must pass before they can post jobs on oDesk?

Maybe a "vetting" process is needed for both clients and freelancers. A vetting process that includes a board made up of clients, freelancers, and oDesk management. Maybe even a "vetting and arbitration" process whereby only select issues are forwarded for final review and disposition. That is, unless the majority members and oDesk are satisfied with things the way they are.

Actually, I have never seen a business do things that way unless they followed a "Self Empowerment" business model. Within a "Self Empowerment" business model they might even vote on their own pay raises!

Edited 01/09/2015 RT/lwm

Ron aka LanWanMan
anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

Hi Ron, 

Garnor mentioned somewhere (a thread which I cannot find right now) that they will be more strict regarding clients' behaviour in the future and he may have mentioned about conducting some review of them as well. He mentioned something along those lines in two separate occasions the past week.

I should have taken a screenshot or bookmarked those posts. Grrr self.

Let's hope they do it soon. I will only believe when I see clients ranting about being evaluated in the clients section ahaha!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄

View solution in original post

lanwanman
Community Guru
3 of 11

Thanks for the reply DM. Do you ever sleep?

Too bad some of us have to look forward to client's rants as an indication things might get better around here. With over a dozen active clients, I am down to one here. It is too risky for me to bid on those that are outside of my own selection guidelines; tried it, won't do it again....

Edited 01/09/2015 RT/lwm

Ron aka LanWanMan
anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 11

Haha Ron,

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Dianne,

That's correct. We currently do some active review, outreach and account actions on client activity including a warning message we sent to some users last week. Similar to our review of freelancer activity, this is an ongoing practice that we'll continue to evolve over time. You'll hear more about this coming soon, but to confirm, we do review and take action on client activity as well as freelancers. 

lanwanman
Community Guru
6 of 11

More Kudos for Garnor! Thank you for the reply. It is good to know that oDesk is active with review of both client and freelancer accounts.

Ron aka LanWanMan
lanwanman
Community Guru
7 of 11

DM, it appears that you were right. As evidenced by recent posts by clients, oDesk has indeed started policing client accounts more rigorously. I hope that will result in banning of client accounts that do not add value to this platform.

Ron aka LanWanMan
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
8 of 11

Here is one of the comments about Client Review

lanwanman
Community Guru
9 of 11

Hi SN! Broken link? Client Review results in "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication." Probably just a bug....

Ron aka LanWanMan
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
10 of 11
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS