🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did you lose my information?
Page options
hermanng
Community Member

Update to the identity verification process

why o why does UW want me to do this again????? Done it about a year ago, exactly the same process - has UW lost my data???  Would be delighted if one of the moderators here could help. I do not like to email passport copy's, but I did it before - so WHY do you want me to do it again after only 1 year???

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hermann, 

I would like to confirm that this is for a different process as we do have different verification processes. They are not the same in their goal and nature, even though they do share identical procedures in part. The request to upload your ID is so that you can have an Identity Verified Badge on your account. Whenever you are ready, you may complete your verification by going to this page on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
versailles
Community Member

Since Upwork is performing random ID verifications in an effort to fight the selling of profiles, it there any reason they should make an exception for you?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Who are these people here who seem to have an UW fetish and feel the absolute compulsion to make some kind of derogatory comment if a post shows the slightest criticism or their beloved UW? Or do they have nothing else to do? are they maybe like those individuals who spend time watching out for cars parked against some law and call the police?

Your comment is absolutely superfluous and a waste of your time of which you seem to have too much

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hermann, 

I would like to confirm that this is for a different process as we do have different verification processes. They are not the same in their goal and nature, even though they do share identical procedures in part. The request to upload your ID is so that you can have an Identity Verified Badge on your account. Whenever you are ready, you may complete your verification by going to this page on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gaucho76
Community Member

I'm required to verify my information.... again. I did it not once, not twice, but three times, including chatting with someone on video. And yet... you're asking for this again! Not only that, but you're supposed to have all my info on account, including address, CC info, ID, etcetera (and you know it because you charge me very steep sums!).

Since I'm still me and I'm not another person, I'd like a direct answer: did you lose my info? YES or NO? I'd like to think the answer is NO, then teh question that comes: then why on Earth do you need to verify my identity for a 4th time?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fabio, 

I would like to confirm that this is for a different process as we do have different verification processes. They are not the same in their goal and nature, even though they do share identical procedures in part. 

I apologise if this has inconvenienced you in any way.

~ Avery
Upwork
hermanng
Community Member

Thank you Avery, but it is still a pain in the neck 🙂 and the message was not like you put it "whenever you are ready" which would be an acceptable and polite way, but more like "do it or your account will be suspended"

digiphics
Community Member

Avery,

I understand this process is for the Verified Badge, did UW lose my id picture I submitted a year ago?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gerald, 

I would like to confirm that this is not the case. As mentioned, both processes are different, and will need separate verification. I apologise if this has inconvenienced you in any way. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths