🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Updated my account profile name to match ...
Page options
i_am_freelancing
Community Member

Updated my account profile name to match bank account. My 'Get Paid' status is now Inactive.

Hi Upwork,

I was trying to register my bank account details in the 'Get Paid' section, then it said the beneficiary name does not match. After reading through the comments, I changed my Upwork profile name to match the bank account name. Then, my status under 'Get Paid' section has turned to 'Inactive'. How do I solve this please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yvette,

You will also need to fill out our W-8BEN form and submit your tax information, after this your payment method will be activated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yvette,

You will also need to fill out our W-8BEN form and submit your tax information, after this your payment method will be activated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have added my inactive account problem screenshort in the attached section. I am a freelancer not agencies. So what should my solution is?

Hi Md F,

You will also need to fill out your W-8BEN form before your payment method is activated. If you're experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

Hi Yvette,
Did you completed your W-8BEN tax information? If yes then for some security reasons, newly withdrawal method take 3 days to become active. And if not then read this article. I hope this information will be helpful to you.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063938-Form-W-8BEN
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths