🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Updating account after sabattical due to dami...
Page options
vassistone
Community Member

Updating account after sabattical due to damily death and Hospice.

Hi. I tried to establish my upwork account roght after the merger with Odesk. Unfortunately a family member on hospice and eventrual passing took up my time and I took a sabbatical. Getting back in the swing of things and I find that the logo I created for my profile is tolerated and a location verification is requried in order to submit proposals unless I am invited to sumit one. I'm all for updating, though I think the logo is professional. What I don't iunderstand is the Driver's License. I tried looking through the help topics and Community Bot give instructions, but does not answer the why question. Why?

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Jeannette S wrote:

Hi. I tried to establish my upwork account roght after the merger with Odesk. Unfortunately a family member on hospice and eventrual passing took up my time and I took a sabbatical. Getting back in the swing of things and I find that the logo I created for my profile is tolerated and a location verification is requried in order to submit proposals unless I am invited to sumit one. I'm all for updating, though I think the logo is professional. What I don't iunderstand is the Driver's License. I tried looking through the help topics and Community Bot give instructions, but does not answer the why question. Why?

Why not?

As to 'Why?', it's for you to prove your identity.

Why not?

petra_r
Community Member

I find that the logo I created for my profile is tolerated

The logo is not tolerated, you need to change it to a photograph of yourself.

Jeannette S wrote:

. I'm all for updating, though I think the logo is professional. What I don't iunderstand is the Driver's License. I tried looking through the help topics and Community Bot give instructions, but does not answer the why question. Why?

Because too many people pretend to be who and where they are not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members