🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Updating tax information different from locat...
Page options
6e5e0e5f
Community Member

Updating tax information different from location

Hello!
I want to update my tax information, specifically the address field. Now the tax address is copied from the address of my location. But the problem is that my tax address is different from my current location because now I work in another city. Can you help solve this problem and set a tax address different from the address of my location?

Best,
Dmitry

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dmitry,

The Form W-8BEN - Tax information is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. 
I would suggest reaching out to a local tax expert about this and consult yourself further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dmitry,

Your tax address is taken from your location address. If you have moved for a short period of time, feel free to change your address back to your tax address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran,

Problem is that I have moved for at least a year and I want to display my current location in my profile and set the correct tax address.

Hi Dmitry,

The Form W-8BEN - Tax information is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. 
I would suggest reaching out to a local tax expert about this and consult yourself further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members