cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront Option No Longer Available?

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
11 of 27
I've just put up my site up a bit over a month ago and I got a few clients already who found me via web search. Wise impulse decision for the new year, with everything going on now. I've checked your profile and wow! 46 jobs in two months! Impressive! Lets just hope this testing of (insane) new features stops and things will go back to normal again. Elance sucks for me as a contractor but we hire people there and the hiring process is better than here, no spammers. Freelancer.com is meh oDesk WAS the best site I've joined as a contractor. Currently what's keeping me occupied are past clients who liked my work and their referrals.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Rico E Member Since: Aug 15, 2010
12 of 27
I raised a ticket about the feedback to client not showing. Well, it's still a ticket after two weeks.
Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
13 of 27
Just checked for upfront option availability. Most fixed price jobs still have it available. Only ones where this option disappeared, were jobs posted by clients with unverified payment method. As for feedback, situation looks strange. For some clients, comments are visible, for some they are not.
Community Guru
14 of 27
The postings I checked are by previous clients..and no upfront option (checked 4 new postings by previous clients a few hours ago).

Ali R Member Since: Nov 29, 2010
15 of 27
i think odesk just input a new option that can help the employer to make sure not to put any upfront payment. so there will be more scammer. and odesk support are now being slower than before.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
16 of 27
I contacted CS about the feedback. They told me it's a temporary system issue and they are working on it.
Community Guru
17 of 27
Thank you for the update Natasa Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
18 of 27
You're welcome Dianne! :-) With so many things going on right now, we need to keep each other updated here.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
19 of 27
oDesk is moving towards an escrow type service so that clients don't have to pay an upfront. The jobs you've seen are probably their move towards that. There's a thread about it in the News forum. https://www.odesk.com/community/forum/28 Was their any indication on the job proposal that money would be held in escrow?
Community Guru
20 of 27
Nope, no hint of escrow anything, its why its disturbing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS