🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upgrade membership payment system.
Page options
shekhar49
Community Member

Upgrade membership payment system.

Hi

I wanted to upgrade my membership and I had $9.50 in my upwork account, but they upwor deducted full amount from my biliing method, as per instructions it should first deduct first from my upwork balance than remaining from my billing method.

And second concern is the currency conversion was too high with billing method, i compared it with xe.com aswel.

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you have a sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, we will use that to pay for your membership. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method. For more information, please check out this help article about Membership billing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What about the conversion upwork applied for this, it was high, I checked it immediately in xe.com aswel it was not that much.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shekhar,

Unfortunately, the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths