cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my membership to Upwork Plus

Ace Contributor
Mehran V Member Since: Jan 22, 2019
1 of 8

I have a question regarding upgrading Upwork Plus. If I upgade to Upwork Plus on the last day of the month, will all of my unused connects still be carried forward to the following month? or just a prorated number of them?

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
2 of 8
If you upgrade to Plus membership before the completion of your billing cycle, then your unused connects will be carried forward to the following month.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

Yeasir A wrote:
If you upgrade to Plus membership before the completion of your billing cycle, then your unused connects will be carried forward to the following month.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upgrading creates a new billing cycle.

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
4 of 8
But it adds the unused connects too!
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Thanks for jumping in Petra. I always appreciate your kind support. 

I understand that upgrading will create a new billing cycle but will it also carry forward my connects if I upgrade on the last day of the month. Here is an example: 

Say I upgrade to UpWork Plus today (i.e. the last day of February) and my closing connects balance at the end of the day is say 40 connects.  When I log in to my account tomorrow (i.e the first day of March) will my connects balance be 110 (i.e. 40+70=110). 

Please advise. thanks Smiley Happy

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 8

Hi Mehran,

On our Plus plan, you'll have 70 connects each new cycle and the unused connects will also be rolled over in the next cycle.

Once you upgrade to Plus Membership plan you’ll receive the prorated number of Connects for the number of days that have passed since your Connects were last time renewed/allotted, plus 10 additional Connects. Please check the calculation in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
7 of 8

Mehran V wrote:

Thanks for jumping in Petra. I always appreciate your kind support. 

I understand that upgrading will create a new billing cycle but will it also carry forward my connects if I upgrade on the last day of the month. Here is an example: 

Say I upgrade to UpWork Plus today (i.e. the last day of February) and my closing connects balance at the end of the day is say 40 connects.  When I log in to my account tomorrow (i.e the first day of March) will my connects balance be 110 (i.e. 40+70=110). 

Please advise. thanks Smiley Happy

Hi Mehran. Since connects are based on your billing cycle, not on calendar months,  it's irrelevant that today (March 1st) is the first day of a calendar month, unless your current billing cycle just happens to correspond to calendar months.

In any case, when you switch to Plus membership, ALL your remaining connects will be carried over. However, you typically will not receive 70 new connects in your first month of Plus membership. That's because you will immediately start a new billing cycle, without completing your last billing cycle. In other words, you'll have received 60 connects for less than a complete month, and Upwork compensates for this by giving you fewer than 70 connects for the new billing cycle (on a pro rata basis). This is fair, and there's no reason to let this deter you from switching to Plus membership.

If you happen to switch on the last day of your current billing cycle, then this effect will be minimal (or maybe zero, I'm not sure), so you would start the new billing cycle with close to 110 connects.

Ace Contributor
8 of 8

Hello Richard, 

Thanks for the response. That makes sense. I only have one further question. I did the upgrade yesterday (February 28th) but I am not seeing any changes in my membership as of yet. I thought the change will take affect immediately but it appears **bleep** isn't so. 

When will I view my new membership status and will the system treat it as though I upgraded in February 28 or in March? 

Please advise.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS