Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading a gif animation as a sample in new portfolio project

calvo_juan
Community Leader
Juan C Member Since: Nov 21, 2013
1 of 21

I had a gif animation as one of my portfolio projects. I decided to move that animation to a new project/item in my portfolio. When you clicked on the old portfolio entry, the gif animation would start playing automatically. Now it just shows as a single static image. When I download that image to my computer and I open it, there is no animation, just a single image. I am 100% sure the gif animation I am trying to upload has animation. It seems to be that the Upwork site corrupts the gif file somehow. Anyways, I would like a solution to this problem. Deleting the project and creating a new project doesn't work, as suggested on a similar topic on this forum.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 21

Hello Juan,

I just checked your account and I can see that one of our team representatives already reached out to you regarding your concern. Please check your email inbox or check directly here.

Thank you.

Untitled
calvo_juan
Community Leader
3 of 21

I'm told that gif animation is not supported when adding items to the portfolio, but I had one that played perfectly a few days ago (I had to delete it for the purpose of updating my portfolio).

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 21

Hello Juan, 

Sorry about that. I see you communicated with our Support team and I'll ask someone from our team to follow up on your ticket again, and assist you further.

Thank you.

Untitled
taratate
Tara T Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
5 of 21

I am now experiencing the same issue so it would be good to get a public answer that we can all refer to, if possible. Thanks. 

calvo_juan
Community Leader
6 of 21

According to the answer I got from customer support, the technical team says gif animations are not supported for portfolios. Someone must have changed something on the site because I'm sure they used to work. It would be nice being able to display gif animations anywhere on the site, but specially on portfolio items related to animation.

taratate
Tara T Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
7 of 21

Thanks for the response! Yes, I thoroughly agree, it would be really helpful to be able to display GIFs within the portfolio section. Anywhere else feels useless really, to be honest. I really don't understand why that isn't the case. Oh well. Here's hoping it will become an option (again) in the nearer future.

carrie-doliber
Carrie D Member Since: Aug 18, 2018
8 of 21
I agree that as a contributor I would love a gif option on upwork. So I don’t have to send clients to an outside link. Animated gifs are so valuable to our clients here at upwork and in the marketing world they have forever been a fun advertising expression.
dmitry_zhuravkin
Dmitry Z Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
9 of 21

I have the same issue.
Hope it will be fixed soon.

salomonart
SALOMON ANDRES S Member Since: Jan 6, 2016
10 of 21

Did anybody find a solution for this problem?

Now I'm looking a lot of portfolios with an animated GIF that works!  but I have been trying like two hours with different settings and it doesn't work, it just uploads as a still image. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS