🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Uploading problem with picture (profile creat...
Page options
0abb3b4a
Community Member

Uploading problem with picture (profile creation)

Dears, 

I'm trying to finalize my profile without success.

Indeed, the plateform rejects all my pictures I try to upload.

I don't find any information about type of picture, size and so on. 

I've tried via "Get Support" without success. 

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards. 

Jocelyne 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jocelyne, if the Moderator's information doesn't work, logout of Upwork, close your browser and reboot your computer. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Jocelyne,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile picture should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders, clearly showing your face. It should also look professional. That doesn't mean you need to get headshots taken in a studio. It just should be the sort of picture you'd use for a passport or other ID.

When selecting a photo, please make sure:

• It is at least 250 x 250 pixels
  • It is no more than 4000 x 4000 pixels 
  • The extension is .jpeg, .png or .gif
  • The max size is 5 MB

Here are some other tips to keep in mind when selecting your profile picture:

Find your best light — Shady areas outdoors without direct sunlight or on a cloudy day are a great lighting choice. Inside, avoid overhead light, which creates harsh shadows, and instead look for natural light.

Simplify the background — Look for a plain and light background that is clear and uncluttered. A solid, not-too-bright wall, such as the side of a concrete or brick building, or a simple outdoor background might work well.

Focus on your face — Face the camera straight on or with your shoulders at a slight angle. Crop the image so you only include your head and the top of your shoulders. Dress in professional attire and remember to smile! Clients tend to view smiling freelancers as more warm, friendly, and trustworthy.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie, but with these informations, the problem persisted, It didn't work. 

Now it's ok with the answer of William.

Thanks a lot.

Jocelyne 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jocelyne, if the Moderator's information doesn't work, logout of Upwork, close your browser and reboot your computer. Thanks!

Dear William, 

Thank you for your message.  My problem is solved thanks to you. Many many thanks. 🙏

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths