🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork API: How can freelancers create a mile...
Page options
bryanandrew
Community Member

Upwork API: How can freelancers create a milestone?

Hello all,

CONTEXT:
As a freelancer, in the Upwork UI you have the ability to "Propose a new Milestone" to clients.  In my experience, clients are not well equipped to create milestones on their own, so I always alert them in advance that I'll be proposing a milestone for work, and then I propose the milestone and they accept it, and we proceed.

Now, I am working on automating this flow for myself utilizing the Upwork API.  HOWEVER...the API documentation for Create a Milestone specifies that only client accounts can use it:  "This API call allows a Hiring Manager to create a milestone. Note that the user must be authorized in Upwork and must be Hiring Manager in the team to be able to create a milestone." 

Reference: https://developers.upwork.com/?lang=python#contracts-and-offers_create-a-milestone

QUESTION:
How can a freelancer utilize the API to propose a new milestone, mimicing the capability that is already available using the Upwork UI?  Is there a different endpoint for freelancer use?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into this request and advise you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members