🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Account
Page options
vermaanil62
Community Member

Upwork Account

I work in an agency and they want to build my agency profile on the Upwork. While I also have a personal account and I am also earning some money from it. 2 days ago they asked for my ID Proof and I think it is for Verification Call on behalf of the Upwork. So now I do not want the agency to know that I already have a personal account. Can anyone tell me what I should do in this situation? And what if I attend that call?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anil V wrote:

Thank you soo much Petra,

I don't want them to link my existing profile to the agency. Is it not possible that Upwork can ban that agency profile and keep my personal profile running because i am working on 2 active contracts on my personal ID?

Tell the agency to take the agency profile down immediately because you already have a profile.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Anil V wrote:

I work in an agency and they want to build my agency profile on the Upwork. While I also have a personal account and I am also earning some money from it.

You are not allowed to have two accounts, they will be shut down if found and they will be found. The agency can link your existing profile to the agency, but categorically not create a new one.

Anil V wrote:

2 days ago they asked for my ID Proof and I think it is for Verification Call on behalf of the Upwork.

Who did? The agency? That is entirely unacceptable. They are not allowed to create a profile for you and CERTAINLY not allowed to ID verify you.

You are in deep water here... I'd be very careful as you don't want to get banned altogether...

I don't want them to link my existing profile to the agency. Is it not possible that Upwork can ban that agency profile and keep my personal profile running because i am working on 2 active contracts on my personal ID?

Anil V wrote:

Tell the agency to take the agency profile down immediately because you already have a profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members