🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Algorithm
Page options
mana_07
Community Member

Upwork Algorithm

Hi

My JSS score whenever gets higher than 90% suddenly invitations stopped at my profile. I dont know how exactly upwork's algorithm works. 

Is there any video link that exactly explains how does it work? Because this is you know a very strange thing that the ratings on your profile gets higher the lesser work you get. Is there any other freelancer experienced this in past or is experiencing? Pls share your views. May be i am wrong somewhere in noticing the things.

Regards

Sukhjinder

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sukhjinder,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes i know and i agree too that everyone should get a fair chance. But i think as the score gets hire more jobs, invitations, and more replies on my proposals should be there. but all these things are going opposite. So i want to know the reasons. I dont get replies to my proposals, dont get invitations and the invitations i am getting that clients payment methods are not verified. A good JSS score should fetch more clients but with upwork its opposite. I just want to understand how the algorithm exactly works. Its not just about invitations, lots of things are there because i am suddenly out of work from the day i got JSS of 95% and i am very much worried. Updated my profile, skills, my work everything.

tlbp
Community Member

Sukhjinder K wrote:

Hi

My JSS score whenever gets higher than 90% suddenly invitations stopped at my profile. I dont know how exactly upwork's algorithm works. 

Is there any video link that exactly explains how does it work? Because this is you know a very strange thing that the ratings on your profile gets higher the lesser work you get. Is there any other freelancer experienced this in past or is experiencing? Pls share your views. May be i am wrong somewhere in noticing the things.

Regards

Sukhjinder

When your JSS is 89%, you are at the top of the "below 90%" group. If a client is assessing by score and looking at freelancers below 90%, you woud probably fare well. 
When your JSS is 90%, you are at the bottom of a new corhort, the "above 90%" group. 

This is just one theory, of course. It is equally or more likely that your JSS changes correspond to your turn in the search rotation. A coincidence. 

Or, pehaps both scenarios are at play.

mana_07
Community Member

Thanks your reply cleared many things, so is there any way or some tricks by which i can make my performance fast? and make myself more visible to clients?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members