Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork App Won't Stay Off

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 7

I was just working on a contract and upon finishing turned the app off.

5 seconds later is was back on again and taking screen shots.

I deleted the screen shots and turned it off again.

5 seconds later it was back on again.

What's up with that?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Jean,

Sorry about that. I'm checking with the team to see if there are any known issues with the Team App turning on. Could you please also submit a support ticket via the Team App so the team could look at your logs?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
computerhxr
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
3 of 7

OMG!  That's scary!  I wouldn't want clients seeing what I do after I punch out for the day...   Smiley LOL

jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
4 of 7

Come on Daniel , I am sure quite a few number of folks here would like to see what you do after you punch out for the day.Smiley Happy

Back to the OP's comment  , I am sure the executable  file for the team app is still running , maybe doing a Crtl+Alt+Del  to start the Task Manager and manually stop the Team App executable/threads ( called Upwork.exe).

should help in the interim.

I am assuming you are using a Windows box.

Best

amymortensen
Community Leader
Amy M Member Since: Jul 3, 2015
5 of 7

I was getting the same thing on my last hourly contract as well.  It seemed to come back on spontaneously.  I had to close it and not just minimize it or it would come back on and start logging hours.  

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Jean and Amy,

Here is a possible explanation for why it happens. When the Team App window is active, pressing space key on your keyboard will toggle between on and off. Could it be that you pressed space to wake up your computer and the Team App was the active window at that moment?

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 7

It has nothing to do with the space bar. I sat and watched and sure enough 5 seconds later it turned itself back on.

I have no intention of reporting it to support. I simply cannot deal with the canned answers that answer nothing or worse a totally different problem that I'm not reporting.

I have one hourly contract. Nothing else is being done. If you want to look at the logs go ahead but I'm not doing your job for you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS