Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork App

thedesignventure
Ghulam M Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
1 of 5

Hello Experts,

I changed my account password yesterday, But My Apps on my iphone 5s never asked me for new password I can still send messages to clients and I receiving notifications.

Can anyone help me to logout on all devices at once and My Iphone / mobile app should ask for new Password.

Please help me its important for me because I logged in to my friend's Iphone and he is still getting my notification and I don't want to bug him.

Thanks in advance.

Ghulam Murtaza

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Two points:

One:

Upwork's mobile app is essentially in the "experimental" or "toy" stage. It is not to be taken seriously.

Two:

Are you completely insane?

Logging into your Upwork account using a friend's iPhone sounds like an incredibly risky and dangerous thing to do. Upwork really, really, really hates the idea of any of its users having multiple accounts, or any of its use sharing accounts. Upwork has aggressive algorithms designed to find and flag people who do these things, and people who are suspected of such infractions can find their account suspended and their finances blocked.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

Preston H wrote: Upwork really, really, really hates the idea of any of its users having multiple accounts, or any of its use sharing accounts. Upwork has aggressive algorithms designed to find and flag people who do these things, and people who are suspected of such infractions can find their account suspended and their finances blocked.

There is no infraction here at all. The OP used a device to log into his account. He did not log into someone else's account, but his own.

OBVIOUSLY not logging out afterwards was stupid 😉

prestonhunter
Community Guru
4 of 5

Ghulam:

It IS possible to log out of the iOS Upwork App.

It is NOT at all intuitive.

On the bottom of the screen click on MORE (with three dots icon).

Under a label that says "Logged in as" you should see your name.

Next to your name you should see the letter "i" in a circle. It is an "information " icon.

Click on the "i".

Up pops a button that says "Logout."

Click on that.

But you need to be in possession of the device in order to be able to do this.

I don't know if it is possible to log the device out remotely. Clearly you tried changing your password, and that did not work. You may need to "bug" your friend. Really, you need to meet him in person, have him hand you the unlocked iPhone, and let you log out of the app and try launching it again to make certain it doesn't log you back in.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
5 of 5

Petra, I agree that the original poster's precise actual no did not violate a specific Upwork TOS.

But I regard his actions as incredibly risky.

An iPhone is not intended to be a multi-user device. We don't know exactly what kind of information Upwork collects from users while using mobile devices. It is possible that logging into the mobile app from another person's phone could send up red flags. And Upwork does not suspend accounts only due to infractions. It also suspends accounts based on algorithmically-generated suspicions of infractions. I know this from personal experience.

So I advise caution in these matters... Caution that goes beyond obeying Upwork's rules, but includes avoiding doing things that Upwork's algorithms may find suspicious, such as using someone else's iPhone to log into my account.

But clearly the biggest risk here was leaving the account logged in, in such a way that the friend who own the phone could use his Upwork account, to accept jobs, communicate with clients, change settings, etc. Very risky, indeed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS