🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Biased Ruling.
Page options
mbarupaul
Community Member

Upwork Biased Ruling.

I'm a really disturbed fella, A client offered me a contract, and told me to accept the contract so that we can start the job the following day, I accepted the contract, appreciated him and gave him my assurance that I will dedicate myself to give him the best. But the following day when I woke up, the client had cancelled the contract overnight and blocked me without any notice or communication. I realized he had also hired other 6 freelancers for the same job and canceled their contract too and probaly blocked them without any communications. 

This unethical, unprofessional and inhumane behaviour from this client lowered my JSS from 91% to 80%, this was realy devastating and gutting.  But here is what is more shocking; upon flagging this job and contacting Upwork they have told me everything was good and there is nothing wrong. I know it is an unjust world, but how can Upwork allow such an unprofessional client to jeopardize freelancers credibility by hiring them and canceling their contract overnight without any necessary reason to do so? Has the world become an animal farm, where all animals are equal but some are more equal than others? I am literally damned  right now and there is probably nothing I can do now, so guys I need any advice that can keep me going.

50 REPLIES 50

Paul M wrote:

I am not misinformed at all! I have even carried out a background check on the client and the client has an ongoing lawsuit and guess which lawsuit? One of his former employee sued him for wrong termination, even off Upwork this fella is a pain in the ass! I wanted to share everything about this client and post a link to his job posting, so that everybody can see how unprofessional this client is, unfortunately I don't wanna do this, I don't wanna act out of hate and malice like he did! 

All in all, I hope that Upwork won't allow this unethical and unprofessional client to terrorize more  freelancers out here! They have to stand against such clients with a bad track record of engagement! I would really hate other freelancers to go through what I went through!

So at what date exactly was the contract ended?

Paul M wrote:

17 September!

As you collect your payroll from Upwork for the good work you have been doing of trying to humiliate and water down other freelancers claim for justice, please remind them to put intergrity and professionalsm before profits!

Considering your behavior and melodrama on this thread, I can see why the client blocked you. Your own behavior on this thread is unprofessional. You went off and did a background check of the client? Do you understand that running a background check without someone's permission could be considered illegal, if not unprofessional and unethical? You need to stop yourself and look in the mirror at your own behavior. As I said, based on your interaction here, I could see why a client would block you from messaging them. This is not meant as an attack. Rather, I'd like you to open your eyes before you make yourself look worse to potential clients and make it even harder to come back from 80%. You had problems before this client because you were only at 91%. You're ignoring the real issues so you can blame one client who didn't want to work with you. 

You're going off about injustice, yet no crime was committed. A client cancelled a contract and doesn't want to communicate with you. They likely had their reasons. That is FAR from inhumane treatment. 

Frankly, your whole diatribe is offensive. 

What a baffling world we live in? The conspiracy is deep, the victim is being made to look like the villain. But the good thing is that Truth will always remain Truth! Malice can attack it, Ignorance can derail it, But Truth will alway be Truth!....I hope life will be so kind to you freelancer!

Paul M wrote:

What a baffling world we live in? The conspiracy is deep, the victim is being made to look like the villain. But the good thing is that Truth will always remain Truth! Malice can attack it, Ignorance can derail it, But Truth will alway be Truth!....I hope life will be so kind to you freelancer!

People are trying to help you, but you refuse to listen. You refuse to take any responsibility. I fear for you that your JSS will continue to plummet. A wise freelancer would listen to all the good advice they are getting from numerous successful freelancers and think about it before claiming conspiracy. 

Best of luck to you. I believe you will need it. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines and the thread has been closed from further replies. 

Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Paul M wrote:

I have even carried out a background check on the client

LOL, of course you did...

Anyway, weren't you going to put this nonsense to bed pages ago? At least you repeatedly claimed to....

I have put my case to bed, it was just that felllow freelancers were just concerned how Upwork resolved this matter and I had to update them!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Paul M wrote:

Upwork have decided to be co-conspirator in this crime aginst freelancers!

Crime? LOL... you really need to find a path to reality.

Paul M wrote:

As you collect your payroll from Upwork for...........

Neither I nor anyone else that isn't clearly identified as an employee collects a single Cent for having an opinion, but of course this is a common tactic of conspiracy theorists... They try to discredit people who don't agree with their nutty notions by trying to discredit them by posting lies.

javandinho
Community Member

Hello Paul, Kindly update us on how your case was resolved. I have been very eager to know the outcome of your complain.

Hello Javan, Thanks for your concerns. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from Upwork and my JSS is still 80% and the inhumane client is still out there probaly terrorizing more freelancers. But it is not like I expect any justice from Upwork and so I have decided to move on, I will build again from the ashes. 

I'm struggling to take this seriously, to be honest. It feels like a parody of sorts. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members