cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Changes are Working

Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
1 of 34

I can't speak for others' experiences but I have found that the client pool (on my end) has improved greatly. There are some pretty good companies and well-known start-ups contacting me lately. There has also been in an increase in invitations and responses to my proposals. I am turning down invites at this moment. Whatever Upwork is doing, it's working. Has anyone else noticed an increase in the quality of potential clients and responses?

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
2 of 34

Tell 'em.

Shout it from the rooftops, to all those screaming at Upwork for revamping things.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 34

Catherine, you're the first person I've seen say invites had increased. I've seen quite a lot of successful, long-term, high-end freelancer say invitations have basically stopped.

Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
4 of 34

Hi Tiffany, that might be because we are in different fields. Hopefully, they will increase soon. Some pretty good clients are showing up.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 34

I share Catherine's experience.  I just landed a phenomenal job - at my full rate - that would have been unimaginable a few months ago.

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
6 of 34

Mary W wrote:

I share Catherine's experience.  I just landed a phenomenal job - at my full rate - that would have been unimaginable a few months ago.

Finally, Mary endorses Upwork's the recent Upwork changes, without saying it!

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 34

Catherine M wrote:

Hi Tiffany, that might be because we are in different fields. Hopefully, they will increase soon. Some pretty good clients are showing up.

I wasn't talking about my experience. I've gotten a couple of good ones in the past week or so, but have nothing to compare it to because I'd had my profile set to unavailable for several months. I just keep seeing people in these forums and other places like the Reddit Upwork sub saying that they're no longer seeing any good postings or getting invitations--I don't know what fields most of those posters work in, so I don't know whether that's a factor or not.

Diego M Member Since: Jul 31, 2018
8 of 34

Hello! may I ask what field do you work on?

I am in the design/creative market and it has been a bit bad lately.

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 34

i am from design field and i have to say situation was never so bad which is right now..low bids, cheap projects,unresponsive clients...

its just my old clients which are pulling things here otherwise its is rather getting impossible to get new good paying clients.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 34

Catherine M wrote:

I can't speak for others' experiences but I have found that the client pool (on my end) has improved greatly. There are some pretty good companies and well-known start-ups contacting me lately. There has also been in an increase in invitations and responses to my proposals. I am turning down invites at this moment. Whatever Upwork is doing, it's working. Has anyone else noticed an increase in the quality of potential clients and responses?

I guess I've been lucky. I've had very few clients I wouldn't want to work with again. As far as invites go ... I was getting nothing for a long time, but lately that has picked up a little. My understanding is that invites may be tied to profile rotations (not sure about that though). Regardless, for me invites have always been feast or famine. Right now it's feast ... well, a small buffet anyway.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS