🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Charges
Page options
sheraz3232
Community Member

Upwork Charges

I earned 500+ but upwork still charge according to 20%, I think the threshold level which upwork set is 500+ income will charge according to 10%. Please guide me why upwork still charge more on my account.sheraz upwork.JPG

**edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't worry about this!

The drop in fee from 20% to 10% is automatic.

You do not need to do anything.

Remember: this is per client. Not per freelancer.

So don't look at how much money YOU have earned.

Look at how much money "Client X" has paid you.

When "Client X" has paid you $500 or more, then the percent fees you will pay on earnings from "Client X" will automatically go to 10%.

moonraker
Community Member

You get the discount on each client when you earn $500+. Not overall. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I would like to confirm what Preston, and Jamie has shared. Please know that freelancer service fees 'slides' to the next service fee once you have reached a specific earning threshold on your lifetime earnings/billings with a client: 

• $0-$500: 20%
  • $500.01-$10,000: 10%
  • $10,000.01 or more: 5%

All contracts that cross a fee threshold will be charged at a blended rate. For example, if you begin an hourly or fixed-price contract with a new client for $600, you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. The same is true of a $15,000 contract – you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500, 10% on the next $9,500, and 5% on the last $5,000.

You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have a question, I was told that I could ask for a discounted fee from upwork so that my hourly pay is more equivalent to what is posted. They said that it would be directed to upwork to do. How do I do this?

Brittany G wrote:
I have a question, I was told that I could ask for a discounted fee from upwork so that my hourly pay is more equivalent to what is posted. They said that it would be directed to upwork to do. How do I do this?

lol who told you that? A client? 

re: "I have a question, I was told that I could ask for a discounted fee from upwork so that my hourly pay is more equivalent to what is posted. They said that it would be directed to upwork to do. How do I do this?"

Sorry. There must have been a misunderstanding.

No such functionality exists on this platform.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members