🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Closing Jobs?
Page options
amwenze
Community Member

Upwork Closing Jobs?

I was interviewing for three separate jobs over the past 24 hours and Upwork closed all of them because they “didn’t meet community guidelines.” Why was the job allowed to be posted to begin with? I used at least a dozen connects for those proposals, almost got hired, and now I have nothing to show for it. How am I supposed to work like this? And of course I still can’t get the help link to work so I can’t submit a ticket. This website has been killing me lately. Anyone else experience this?
3 REPLIES 3
sjbercot
Community Member

It sounds like those jobs violated the ToS, so Upwork removed them. In that case, you get your connects back. Upwork can't vet every job post for every violation at the time they're posted, so the jobs were probably flagged after they were posted.

It's actually a good thing because scammers target newbies from the US, so Upwork probably helped you avoid getting scammed. You might want to familiarize yourself more with the new freelancer resources and the ToS if you find a lot of your proposals end up sent to these kinds of jobs.

amwenze
Community Member

Fair enough, is there a rough timeline for the connects to come back? I haven’t had this problem until very recently—I am somewhat new to this but I have a couple active jobs and a couple completed that went just fine. I will consider this a lesson learned I guess!

Hi Alana,

I checked and it looks like the Connects you used has been refunded. You may check them here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths