Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Connects Calculation doesn't work

Community Leader
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
21 of 25

Joe M wrote:

Oh, and why have a BOLD button when it doesn't actually make words in the post BOLD?

Here is bold.  This shows up nice in the editor, but in the posting it is very hard to tell that it's BOLD.

Joe, absolutely nothing constructive to add unfortunately, just kudos for your avatar, best I've seen Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
22 of 25

Joe M wrote:

Upwork needs to do a better job educating the CLIENT on job postings.  Many clients do not realize it costs us money to respond to speculative postings, poorly described jobs that have potential, etc.  Sure, I and many others do not write proposals to these jobs, but POTENTIAL PAYING CLIENTS walk away wondering why there are not getting any good responses.  They walk away with a very poor opinion of UpWork, frustrated with an awkward JOB POSTING form and zero help in making a proper job description.

I like the THUMBS DOWN thing on the postings, but there should be better categories, like POOR JOB DESCRIPTION and REQUIRES TOO MANY CONNECTS.  Most of the categories are, for lack of a better term, stuipid.  I"M OVER QUALIFIED?  Client doesn't care.  NOT IN MY PREFERED LOCATION?  Client doesn't care.  JOB POSTED TOO LONG AGO?  TOO MANY APPLICANTS?  Come on.  I love that it "grey's out" the job when I pick something so I don't have to see it again, but these thumbs down should provide feedback to the client that their posting sucks and suggest changes and improvements.

The feedback is used internally by Upwork, the client never sees it. Upwork is more of a static ecosystem that you learn to survive in or not more than something you can change to suit your needs. You can make suggestions, and you'll be thanked for your input. But if you want to earn on Upwork, it is more effective to learn how the current systems works than to rail against it. 

Joe M Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
23 of 25

Thanks.  Where does one provide feedback to improve UpWork and get thanked instead of being politely told to shut up and sit down?

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
24 of 25

Joe,

Hang around this board long enough and you'll quickly find out which posters will defend Upwork's every move (or lack of movement). The same posters are quick to harass and demean posts and posters they don't like.

Ignore them.

Great businesses listen to their customers. Upwork can't change everything to suit every client and freelancer, but I don't think that means management pays no attention at all to user criticisms.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
25 of 25

Joe M wrote:

Thanks.  Where does one provide feedback to improve UpWork and get thanked instead of being politely told to shut up and sit down?

That's not really a thing. Periodically, a moderator will drop by and SAY a polite thing about passing it up the line, but then that's pretty much the end of it. 

Upwork occasionally solicits input from long-time freelancers, but that's typically done directly, so they're choosing who they want to hear from based on usage patterns or whatever.f

ETA: As to "which posters defend Upwork's every move," the answer is "none." Everyone has things they object to and things they think are fine. But, "Upwork sycophant" and "are you on the payroll?" are the knee-jerk reactions among people who can't fathom that someone might simply not agree with them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS