🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Contract ending feature & feedback
Page options
33b879a3
Community Member

Upwork Contract ending feature & feedback

Hello all, It's been 2+ months, I made my Upwork account.

With passing time, I'm getting few jobs but the problem is most of my clients are not closing contracts.

I do request them all to close it so Upwork will mark it as Completed job but they don't even reply, maybe they feel it doesn't matter!

I have 1k+ earnings

14 completed jobs (+2)

but sill no JSS because my clients didn't gave me rating/feedback! 

out of 14 it's showing 10 jobs are in progress because client did not close them after completion.

My account will complete 90 days in next 10 days but I won't be getting Top rated badge 😞

I think Upwork should work on this point by making it mandatory for clients to close the contract & provide feedback after releasing final milestone if Upwork is using it to reward & calculate the JSS.

My_Jobs.PNG1k_earning.PNG

No_JSS.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Tanmay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that freelancers and clients can both close the contract at any point. To close a contract, kindly go to My Jobs > All Contracts > Select the contract that you want to end > Click the button on the upper-right corner of the page and choose " End contract."

759e32fa_0-1658662307578.png

Also, you will earn “Top Rated” status by building an impressive reputation on Upwork. You must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients every time with high-quality work, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service. Please visit this post to find out how to earn and maintain Top Rated status.

~ AJ
Upwork

If I (freelancer) close the contract it will have negative impact on my JSS correct?

Hi Tanmay,

Closing contracts on your own does not have a negative impact on your JSS. The outcome of your contracts is what determines your resulting score. You can check this help article to learn more about JSS.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No, we don't need a feature forcing clients to end a contract. That would be detrimental to their user experience. They might prefer not to have to create a new job when they have more work for that freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members