cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Contracts & Feedback (Impact on Top rated)

Highlighted
Gulzar A Member Since: Feb 19, 2014
1 of 4

I am here to dscuss a  recent issue I faced. I chatted with Upwork representative and he asked me to share my experience and suggestions to management team. I did so but here I want to share with top rated contractors.

Actually I was working with a client and as I gained On-Job Experience we mutually agreed to increase my rate. Client started a new contract with new rate i.e. $10/hour. He will have to bear the Upwork fee of $1 but he offered the $10 including tax. I worked 19 hours and when I realized, I again ask him to fix the rate so I can earn $10 per hour and he pay the Upwork fee. He agreed to fix it.

He then changed the contract terms. I received an email/notification see please:
http://screencast.com/t/fwNJtbAd

But when I hit the "My Job" tab the contract was ended (demanding feedback) and a new contract was started with the new rate. I chatted with a representative and he provided me with:
https://upwork.zendesk.com/entries/23116272

The issue I have regarding all this are:

- Why did I not received a contract ended notification?
- If a new contract need to be started then what is use of increase/decrease rate option on a current contract?
- It will also have impact on "My Status" as per new Upwork policies. As there is a "Long Term Client" option. So I will lose some points in "Long Term Client" option as contract ended soon.

I think system is not working as it should be.

Thanks

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Gulzar,

Sorry about the confusion. Let me try and provide answers for your questions.

When the client increases the hourly rate, the contract is updated. The client can provide feedback when they update. However, once the job is closed and the final feedback is provided, that final feedback will be displayed in your work history. Both feedback given while updating the contract and the final feedback contribute to your Job Success score. The client will be considered long-term if you are working with them and regularly receiving payments from them on any contract for 3 months.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Gulzar A Member Since: Feb 19, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Valeria K,

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Gulzar, you did not lose this week of work. It will still count toward your long-term relationship. A client will be considered long-term if you work with them and receive payments for three months and it can be on different contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS