Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Upwork Deleted All Submissions?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 21

Hoping a forum mod will come along and explain why a job post I looked at this morning contains this sentence at the start of the post:  "Please note: If you have previously applied, please apply again. It's likely that we did not see your proposal. Upwork deleted all submissions."

 

Is this client ill-informed? Is this referring to talent specialists trashing bids (sorry to rear this ugly head again). What could they possibly mean by this statement?

 

TIA for any insight.

 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
2 of 21

Flagging your message -

Moderator
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 21

Hi Virginia,

 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the Job Post link. I'll share that with our team and we'll provide answers accordingly.

 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 21

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Virginia,

 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the Job Post link. I'll share that with our team and we'll provide answers accordingly.

 

Thank you.


Just sent you a PM, Bojan.

 

Will be waiting with interest as to why a client would included such a statement in their RFP.

 

Thanks.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
5 of 21

Virginia, when you know something, tell us what happened.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 21

Maria T wrote:

Virginia, when you know something, tell us what happened.


I will, though I'm betting it's something they won't be able to share with me.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 21

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Virginia,

 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the Job Post link. I'll share that with our team and we'll provide answers accordingly.

 

Thank you.


Just wondering if you have any update on this query, Bojan.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 21

Virginia F wrote:

Hoping a forum mod will come along and explain why a job post I looked at this morning contains this sentence at the start of the post:  "Please note: If you have previously applied, please apply again. It's likely that we did not see your proposal. Upwork deleted all submissions."

 

Is this client ill-informed? Is this referring to talent specialists trashing bids (sorry to rear this ugly head again). What could they possibly mean by this statement?


One possibility would be that the job post originally violated the terms of service in some way and was killed off, and the client reposted it.

 

We were told that the talent people no longer trash bids

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 21

Petra R wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Hoping a forum mod will come along and explain why a job post I looked at this morning contains this sentence at the start of the post:  "Please note: If you have previously applied, please apply again. It's likely that we did not see your proposal. Upwork deleted all submissions."

 

Is this client ill-informed? Is this referring to talent specialists trashing bids (sorry to rear this ugly head again). What could they possibly mean by this statement?


One possibility would be that the job post originally violated the terms of service in some way and was killed off, and the client reposted it.

 

We were told that the talent people no longer trash bids


 

Well, yes, that is one possibility (and that occurred to me as well) ... but we've been told a lot of things that turned out to be not so true.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
10 of 21

Petra R wrote:

We were told that the talent people no longer trash bids


translation, please? Did the talent specialists delete proposals??

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS