🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop APP not working after upda...
Page options
c25d59ed
Community Member

Upwork Desktop APP not working after update

I recently was forced to update the desktop app on my Mac.  Since the update I open the app but no windows open.. I can't log time.

I restarted my machine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  When I open the app I get the new tips window and thats about it and have to click next.

I have made sure the window has not been hiding, etc.

Please help!

16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Derek,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips. If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same problem as Derek, after update see the screen with new features and then nothing happens, the time tracker window doesn't launch.

I was able ti "fix" this.  I had to click on the Upwork Icon in the top right corner (where your Wifi icon and battery is at).

Poor UX change.

Hi Sviatlana, 

Could you please try these troubleshooting tips. If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of this troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
j_tompkins
Community Member

I am on a Mac too and was forced to update today.  I am able to load the time tracker and start tracking time, but when it takes a screenshot all it captures is my desktop wallpaper.  None of the other windows I have open which actually pertain to the work I'm doing will show up.  I checked my system preferences to make sure Upwork is checked off as having permission to do screen capture, but it's still only capturing the wallpaper, not the windows I'm working in.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jelena,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists after applying those tips, please file a report following ''How do I report a problem?'' section and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My Upwork time tracker keeps showing loading but won't open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothing. Kindly help

Hi James,

I would suggest downloading our Beta version as well, or connecting from another internet connection to check if your app will load.
You can also try our troubleshooting steps in this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello guys,

I am doing a job with hourly payment. When I start my time, the Upwork application starts the timer fine but it is taking screenshots of upwork application and ignore any other active application. I have reinstalled the latest version but the problem did not resolved. I have also given permission of screen recording to upwork. Me and my client are having problems regarding this. Kindly resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thanks

You have to give the app permission to record,track and screenshot activities on your system.

Hi Imran, 

Could you please confirm your laptop/desktop's OS so that I can assist you further?

ETA: Sorry I missed the title, Imran. Please try the troubleshooting steps listed here. If the issue persists, let me know and I'll assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
muganwas
Community Member

I've this problem a number of times. I fixed the issue by clicking on the upwork icon in the top right side of the menu bar, look for the "settings" option, select "Advanced" and scroll to the bottom where you'll see a "Clear cache and Restart" option, click that. Your app will restart and you'll have to go through the initial process and relogin, but you'll be golden after that. 

rizwansyed006
Community Member

Hi, 

UpWork desktop is not working. When I open it shows a white blank. This happens with my friend as well. Kindly resolve it ASAP. << Dmirty 

Regards

Rizwan

Hi Rizwan,

Please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article. If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly. If you have any further question feel free to follow up, we will be happy to help.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I tried all these troubleshooting nothing happen again same issue kindly
assign me a person who can look into this

Hi Rizwan,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths