Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Desktop App Issue Version 5.3.3.862

aliahmed_pk
Ali A Member Since: Feb 9, 2019
1 of 17

Hello Community, 

I updated the Upwork app on my MacBook Pro running on the macOS Catalina. Since its update, every time I try to run the app, a slider is displayed with features of the app, I click on next button until the last slide where I click on Got it button, the app goes blank/disappears, it stays at the dock as an open app but I am unable to check the tracker and my projects. 

If you could send me the older version link of the app so that I can uninstall the latest version and use the older version. 

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 17

Hi Ali, 

Could you please click on the Upwork app icon on your dock. This should display the icon on menu bar. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 11.54.48 AM.png

From there, please click on the icon, and click on the "Open Time Tracker" option to see if this will display the app on your desktop. Let me know if this doesn't solve your issue so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
aliahmed_pk
3 of 17

There is no option of any sort. Please if you have an older version of the app provide me that. 

aliahmed_pk
4 of 17

I tried opening the app the way you asked me to, but it does not display the hourly contracts. 

aocumen
BEST ANSWER
5 of 17

Thanks for the update, Ali. Please sign-out of the app (the sign-out option is available on the app's settings) and sign back in to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

aliahmed_pk
6 of 17
Yeah, it's solved now. I quit the app signout and restarted the laptop.
aocumen
7 of 17

That's good to know, Ali! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rlantud
Roseminda L Member Since: Jan 9, 2020
8 of 17

Hi! the same problem with me but now it has become worse.. the app just doesn't open or launch....Im trying to find an older version.My macbook is OS X Yosemite.

Please i need help otherwise id lose my job.

Thanks!

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
9 of 17

Hi Roseminda,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
92a02f35
Dhara T Member Since: Jun 5, 2018
10 of 17

I have hourly based job work with upwork desktop app, I see after 3 hours and stop working. it has not added desktop app hours and screenshot to upwork. What I have for this things?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS