🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop App time logs is not added
Page options
aliahmed_pk
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Issue Version 5.3.3.862

Hello Community, 

I updated the Upwork app on my MacBook Pro running on the macOS Catalina. Since its update, every time I try to run the app, a slider is displayed with features of the app, I click on next button until the last slide where I click on Got it button, the app goes blank/disappears, it stays at the dock as an open app but I am unable to check the tracker and my projects. 

If you could send me the older version link of the app so that I can uninstall the latest version and use the older version. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the update, Ali. Please sign-out of the app (the sign-out option is available on the app's settings) and sign back in to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali, 

Could you please click on the Upwork app icon on your dock. This should display the icon on menu bar. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 11.54.48 AM.png

From there, please click on the icon, and click on the "Open Time Tracker" option to see if this will display the app on your desktop. Let me know if this doesn't solve your issue so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

There is no option of any sort. Please if you have an older version of the app provide me that. 

I tried opening the app the way you asked me to, but it does not display the hourly contracts. 

Thanks for the update, Ali. Please sign-out of the app (the sign-out option is available on the app's settings) and sign back in to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yeah, it's solved now. I quit the app signout and restarted the laptop.

That's good to know, Ali! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rlantud
Community Member

Hi! the same problem with me but now it has become worse.. the app just doesn't open or launch....Im trying to find an older version.My macbook is OS X Yosemite.

Please i need help otherwise id lose my job.

Thanks!

Hi Roseminda,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
92a02f35
Community Member

I have hourly based job work with upwork desktop app, I see after 3 hours and stop working. it has not added desktop app hours and screenshot to upwork. What I have for this things?

Hi Dhara,

Please check your Work Diary in an hour or two. If your time is still not uploaded please submit a ticket directly from the app. To do this click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback > Get Support. This will include your logs and our team will be able to investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I updated my mac to Catelina in Jan 2020 and only because of Upwork desktop app issued I had to switch to older version Mojave. Now I am again thinking to update on Catalina latest version. Please let me know is it working perfectly on Catalina now ?

thank you in advance. 

Hi Shah,

Feel free to update your OS and if you run into any issues with the Upwork Desktop App, let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
Thank you for the message. I just want to understand in case Upwork is
getting frequent tickets for Catalina if so is the case I wouldn't like to
take risk of updating it.

Because If I get problem in the desktop app it takes lot of pain in
reinstating to previous versions of OS. Thanks.

Hi Shah,

We can't properly advise you on that as there are users that are experiencing an issue for using the Upwork Desktop App with the mentioned OS where other users don't. For the users that are experiencing the issue, there is a solution that we share that does resolve it and the users are able to continue using the Upwork Desktop App.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have macOS Catalina and I've been having trouble with the Upwork Desktop app. The Upwork Desktop app is version 5.4.4.1 and the macOS Catalina is version 10.15.5. Whenever it takes screenshots, it only screenshots the Upwork Desktop app itself and nothing else. When I check under Settings > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording, the Upwork Desktop app isn't even listed as an option.

Hi Sangwoo,

Could you please try the steps Valeria shared in this post? If that doesn't help, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths