🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Desktop App Not Opening
Page options
millermichelle58
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Not Opening

Hello!

I downloaded the time tracker desktop app and I am having issues getting it to run. I had no issues downloading the setup or installing the app. Once I desktop icon to start the app a pop up appears explaining the features of the app. I click through the slides and hit "got it." The window closes and then reopens that same window a few seconds later. I go through the slides again and hit "got it." The window closes but the app window doesn't open. My task manager shows that the app in running, however. If I "end task" in the task manager, a popup shows up that says, "We have encountered a problem. Would you like to restart?" I disabled my ant-virus software, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I tried both the regular and the beta versions of the app, and this same thing happens. I have already looked at the troubleshooting upwork links and other community questions about it but I have not found a solution. 

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Candace, 

Could you please confirm if you are able to login to the app and if double-clicking the app icon (once you close the pop-up window) doesn't do anything? If you are able to login to the app, please file a ticket by following the steps below: 

1. Click your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select Support and Feedback
  3. Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. I'm not able to login to the app, unfortunately. I can't get past the window with the feature slides in order to get to the login screen. 

Hi Candace,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths