🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop App Not Working
Page options
janekenney95
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Not Working

Hello! I'm trying to log into my Upwork desktop app but it keeps giving me the "Unknown error has occurred" message. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips provided on the support page but it refuses to work. I have a Macbook Air version 10.15.4.

Any additional help would be great!

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. 

I have the same is but mine showing blank white screen. Can you please resolve my issue? You can see all in attachment.

Hi Balwinder,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem as Goran. 
After loading the app freezes, no login, or something else. 

Hi Mahir Tajwar,

I've shared your report about the Time Tracker App with the team. One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

How do I solve this crash of the Desktop App? I have erased the AppData folders(both), and reinstalled but still presents me the Check my Conection and this text: **Edited for community guidelines**

Hello, I'm having the same problem, doesn't have a problem with my phone and MacBook, but an unknown error occurred on MacBook pro
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jovianne,

I see you've already initiated a support request about the issue you're having trying to log into your Desktop App. One of our agents will be assisting you directly via that support request shortly.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
solmio
Community Member

Hi same issue here. 

Hi Fernando,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please share the version of the Upwork Desktop App along with the version of your OS so that we can escalate your issue?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 

Same here. I'm using a Macbook Pro and the desktop app is not working.

Hi Pilipina,

Could you please confirm if you tried using the steps Valeria shared in this post? If the problem persists after trying those steps, please let me know so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the prompt response, I downloaded the installer on the link provided from the post and it appears that resolved the issue. I was able to open the desktop app now using that installer. 

Cheers!

Hi, I am using windows 7 64bits, and the app version is 5.5.011 and get this message PLEASE HELP Check failed. **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Alfredo,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iamtajwar
Community Member

Please update your windows if it's not updated. Turn on the Windows Update.
After the update the app will start working. 😄

Hello Mahir,

I am using a Mac so I can't use this method. Though I appreciate your response to help resolve this issue.

Cheers.

nguyen_van_quan
Community Member

Hello! I'm trying to log into my Upwork desktop app but it keeps giving me the "We can't complete your request right now" message.
I have uninstalled, erased the AppData folders(both), restart, and reinstalled but still present me the same.
I am using windows 11-64bits, and the app version is 5.6.8.0

nguyen_van_quan_0-1639472700532.png

Hi Quan, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem please help me

Hello! I'm trying to log into my Upwork desktop app but it keeps giving me the "We can't complete your request right now" message.
I have uninstalled, erased the AppData folders(both), restart, and reinstalled but still present me the same.
I am using windows 7-32 bits, and the app windows version is 32 bit

Hi Mohin,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the Desktop App. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

When I had troubles with the App it was because of incorrect LAN settings..
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths