🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop App Survey
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Survey

So, when I started my laptop this morning up popped a message from Upwork – “Share your feedback!” about the Upwork Desktop app.

Who can refuse such a cheerful invitation? Not I!

The very first question was, “Based on your most recent experience, how satisfied are you with the Upwork desktop app?”

The response choices ranged from 0 to 7 (?) with “Not at all likely” next to the 0 and “Extremely likely” next to the 7.

Unfortunately, “None of the above” was not an option.

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh, Upwork. 

19 REPLIES 19
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's an amusing survey.

I give the survey 3 stars.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 7.45.31 AM.png

I gave it a 4, but maybe a 7 was intended to be an "average" rating.

Will L wrote:

By giving it less than 7 you'll have caused a big fall in its Survey Success Score.

Richard W wrote:

Will L wrote:

By giving it less than 7 you'll have caused a big fall in its Survey Success Score.

WHY DID MY SSS DECREASE WITHOUT ANY REASON AT ALL?

richardrader
Community Member

Dear UpWork Desktop App,

Please stop asking me to provide feedback. The popup is distracting and I already provided you feedback the other day 🙂 Have a nice day.

Warm Regards,

Richard

Could you please update the app to ask me more if I want to take a survey...I feel beeing asked every day on all my windows machines if I want to take a survey isn't quite annoying enough

firescue17
Community Member

Here's some feedback:

How about ya'll properly code the survey form?!

It was bad enough when the survey was jammed down our throats only through the forum. This screenshot illustrates how I'm able to complete the survey 18 times in 18 different tabs on 3 different monitors. I've taken the forum survey as many as 30+ times in a row on a single day.

Survey - Forum.png

Now, to make matters worse, you're jamming the survey down our throats through a second channel via the time tracker. I've completed the time tracker pop-up survey 5 different times on 5 different days in the last week or so.Survey - Tracker.png

FYI: After the first completion and coding failure to recognize I've already completed the lousy survey, I simply make up random answers ...

L. O. L.

Survey - Fail Again.png

P.S. The forum platform formatting images as HTML line items is also a fail.

lmao ... moving my post [ETA: about a BROKEN feature] to the coffee break is highly indicative of how little of a **** Upwork cares about collecting accurate feedback.

❤️ it!!!!!

Way to go moderators!

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the late follow-up on this thread. I'd like to confirm that the Desktop app-related survey has been concluded and thank you for the insight you've shared. Regarding the Community survey I'd like to clarify that you can opt to skip it in case you don't want to participate further and I'll share your feedback and sentiment regarding its frequency.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

... I'd like to clarify that you can opt to skip it in case you don't want to participate further ...

Opting out doesn't work. The pop-ups on both the forum and desktop app reappear the next day regardless if one completes the survey or chooses to opt-out. There's absolutely no way to get rid of it.

Vladimir G wrote:

... I'd like to confirm that the Desktop app-related survey has been concluded ... you can opt to skip it ...

2020-02-13 Survey.png

Really? The test has concluded? Is this a new survey appearing less than 24-hours later? Or a botched job of removing the previous survey?

I used the non-existent "Skip" button to avoid taking it again for the umpteenth time. I have other things to do during my "coffee break."

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the follow-up. We did confirm with our team that the survey, although previously confirmed as concluded, is still available. I apologize for providing inaccurate information. We're working to ensure the survey doesn't appear further after being completed once. We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Steven E. L wrote:

Here's some feedback:

How about ya'll properly code the survey form?!

It was bad enough when the survey was jammed down our throats only through the forum. This screenshot illustrates how I'm able to complete the survey 18 times in 18 different tabs on 3 different monitors. I've taken the forum survey as many as 30+ times in a row on a single day.

Survey - Forum.png

Now, to make matters worse, you're jamming the survey down our throats through a second channel via the time tracker. I've completed the time tracker pop-up survey 5 different times on 5 different days in the last week or so.

Survey - Tracker.png

FYI: After the first completion and coding failure to recognize I've already completed the lousy survey, I simply make up random answers ...

Since Upwork is apparently looking for stuff to fix, instead of locking the most useful report behind the paywall and drafting non-sensical changes to the TOS, how about we tackle this baby.

I took the survey yesterday on my desktop. I took it a second time on my laptop. Today, I'm given the opportunity to do it for the third time (again. so far.)

I knew I wouldn't be let down. Just got 6 more offers to take the survey; one in each browser tab.

Hi Steven,

I just double checked this with the team and they confirmed that there were no changes here. The Desktop App survey has been closed since February and there are no new responses in our logs since then. We also could not replicate getting the notifications. Could you please share a screenshot of the notification if you're still seeing it? Are you referring to a different survey pop up in the Community?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Fancy that. Both desktop apps patched about 10 minutes after yesterday's post. The survey didn't show up today.

Hi Upwork, What did YOU work on this week? '

Cuz ya'll certainly didn't work on the broken survey. I took it for the second time this week. FYI: neither answer was positive and I marked your JSS with the lowest possible number.

Do you think the survey could be worked on next week?

What do you think might delay getting the survey fixed since it's been reported broken for most of the year.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths