🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Desktop App not loading on Mac
Page options
chris369
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App not loading on Mac

Hi

I am currently unable to fully open the Upwork desktop app. When I launch the app I see the initial splash screen (with version number etc) and then I get to four more screens I can scroll through (essentially "how to use this app"), and then I get nothing.

Normally it would take me to instant messenger and time logger.

I have restarted & shutdown my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still nothing.

It works fine on another person's computer but not mine for some reason. It has been working absolutely fine for the last few weeks and I'm not aware of any changes that might have affected it - just stopped loading when I went to use it today.

Any suggestions?

73 REPLIES 73

Hi Catherine,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared on this help article? If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know so we can check on this further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
stormac
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Please fix it on priority.

Screenshot is attached, it just shows this and then nothing happens

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
stormac
Community Member

The articles are not helping me. Please resolve it ASAP. Thankyou

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
enchiego
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Same experience as original poster. The Upwork app just stopped working today on my MacBook Air and won't even load.

I've tried:

1. restarting my Mac

2. updating my OS -- I'm now on Big Sur

3. uninstalling and reinstallling the Upwork app multiple times

Still nothing.

I need help immediately since I have pending deadlines. Please have an agent reach out to me via support ticket. Thank you!

Hi Enchie,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

When I install the Upwork Desktop app on my MacBook Pro 13 M2, I was able to use it. However, when I restarted my laptop, I can't find it on my launcher. I had to delete all the files and re-install it for it to work again. I had to do this everytime I turn on my laptop. Can you help me with this? Your bot is of no help, it just gives me the same message that is the troubleshooting guide for Linux. 😠

Hi Rosamia,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while accessing the Upwork Desktop App. Could you please check if you are able to right-click on the Upwork Desktop App on your taskbar and depending on your OS, you should have an option to click 'Upwork' or 'Open time tracker' as seen here. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jericarojo
Community Member

Hello, I am also unable to use my upwork app on my Mac as well. I have tried to uninstall and install it multiple times and restarted my mac multiple times, i cannot log out either when it try to go around and click settings - it doesn't show my name but when i click open messages my name is there, what is this issue and how can I have this resolved? 

Hi Jerica,

Could you please try exiting the App, then delete the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork  and then re-launch the App again. It will ask you to log in again. Please, let us know if the issue persists after that.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

The one and only thing I see for Upwork is the app. There are no folders for it on my computer

Hi Tara,

We truly appreciate you reaching out. Since this is thread a bit old, can you please tell us more information about your concern? This way we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lalarukh_khan
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team!
I've downloaded the tracker. But I can't open it. I installed if safely and moved it in my application folder. Now when i'm trying to open it, it just shows in the DOCK that's its opening but after loading it vanishes away from DOCK. I have hourly contract for which its mondatery to run Tracker. Seeking upwork team response. 
Thanks

Hi Lalarukh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for considering my issue, I'll be waiting for upwork support team response.

Hey Nikola, I'm still waiting for the upwork support to sort out my tracker issue! As I have newer hourly contracts. Thanks

Hi Lalarukh,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Lalarukh,

it looks like you have the same issue as mine a few months ago.

Try creating a new user profile on MAC. That actually resolved my issue. See below on how I did it.

I created a new user profile (it should be set as admin) in MAC by going to System Preferences >> Users & Groups. Once I a new profile was created, I backed up all my files from the old user profile and transfer to the new user profile I created. Then, I downloaded a fresh copy of Upwork DMG file and installed Upwork. Works like a charm!

fabme
Community Member

Same problem here. I download it on a Mac, install it, and run the app - it keeps stuck on the splash screen with the version, and forever loading. Tried restarting, uninstalling, and reinstalling - nothing works. Without it, I can't work on hourly tasks...

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
655be748
Community Member

Can you let me know, what are the benifits of Upworks application ?

Hi Faraz,

To help make getting work done easier, the Upwork desktop app is designed for collaboration. To help make work safer, it includes Payment Protection. Everyone can use it to send Messages. Freelancers also use it to log time on hourly contracts.

~Andrea
Upwork
655be748
Community Member

Thanks Andrea:

Your input has new points. Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

nataliaboyko
Community Member

Hello Team!

My Upwork App is not working at all. I tried quitting it / redownloading /restarting laptop. Nothing helps. It shows that it loading for a few seconds and the pop up disappears and nothing else happens. please help me out. I need to start on the project.

Here is the screen-recording https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ul1fj

Thank you! 

Hi Nataliia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
monskidlat
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. I was able to download the app but it's not opening for tracking. I think it's not working on newer versions of Mac. Please help. How can we track our hourly projects if this is not working? 

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while accessing the Upwork Desktop App. Could you please check if you are able to right-click on the Upwork Desktop App on your taskbar and depending on your OS, you should have the option to click 'Upwork' or 'Open time tracker' as seen here. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c43c0b18
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue and have tried every tips but the problem still persist. please anythinng i can do?

Hi Aulia,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
114f7058
Community Member

Hi I am having the same trouble. I can get it to download but when I click on the app it just takes me a to a picture. Is anyone able to assist with this as I am set to begin working.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article based on the error you're experiencing? Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if the issue persists by following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the troubleshooting guide. They'll look further into your report and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bb1ffb42
Community Member

Hi, is anyone here? 

I need a help asap. I'm having the same problem with Desktop App on my mac. I have downloaded the latest version macos - 5.8.0.33, my current OS version is Sonoma 14.3.1, but somehow it just doesn't work. I could install the app, but it doesn't get loaded. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times. I have restarted my mac twice as well, but still no result. I urgently need an assistance. 

Hi Yernur,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble using the Desktop App. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members