🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Desktop App stuck on installing update
Page options
milidubey
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App stuck on installing update

Hello,

I recently updated my desktop app today. Upwork app has been stuck since 3 hours now and just shows installing update. I am unable to work on my hourly contract projects because of this issue.

Kindly assist

Thank You

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mili,

Could you please try reinstalling the Upwork Desktop App and let us know if you managed to log in after? You can download the latest version on this page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same here. Problem is there on your link is NOT latest version. It has delay couple weeks prior it gets "latest" there. 

And as you support only 2 distros others are based on conversion of that file. So when you try to push "update.deb" it's just not working. Unless you provide file on main site which can be converted by hand crafted script to target system.

So it is "latest"  5.5.0.1 and update is 5.5.0.11 which I cannot use until it is pushed to main "latest" page.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksey,

Could you try to uninstall the Desktop app and instal the beta version? If you're still experiencing any problems on your end, please share a screenshot from your end as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No, there is conversion script hand crafted and it is related on current present "latest" version. On your website current latest is .01, while update downloaded is .11

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=upwork

So until you update main site "latest" in time things are broken.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksey,

Could you also confirm your operating system as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

uname -a
Linux moy-super 5.11.11-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue, 30 Mar 2021 14:10:17 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the follow up, Aleksey.

I would like to confirm that our Desktop app is not supported for your operating system at the moment. However, I will share your feedback with our product managers to investigate this further. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I know it is not directly. Just fix your own website! Main "latest" download is NOT "latest" in fact for last 5 days at least. Just make sure it is updated day-1. That's all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members