🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop Time Tracker Issue (May27)
Page options
marasaturday
Community Member

Upwork Desktop Time Tracker Issue (May27)

Hello there, my Upwork tracker is having issue after automatically updates to new version, Version 5.4.1.10.

I have tried testing it to two of my contracts but both of them does not show tracked working hours, it does not also appear in my work diary.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mara,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you please submit a ticket directly from the app by clicking on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback? 
By submitting a ticket from the app it will include your logs as well and our team will able to investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mara,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you please submit a ticket directly from the app by clicking on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback? 
By submitting a ticket from the app it will include your logs as well and our team will able to investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I already submitted a ticket regarding this, until now, it has not been resolve.

I've got the same issue today.

My hopothesis is the recovery after temporary internet disconnection got broken with the latest time tracker update.

I had no issues earlier in the morning, but then connection to upwork server got lost for some time. Now it says that everything is working fine, but the hours are not being sent to the work diary.

(sure thing I've created a ticket too, but didn't hear anything back so far)

UPD. Diana T's solution at the bottom of this thread helped in my case.

jessedcit
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I recently was forced to update the time tracker desktop app just an hour today after that the time tracker do screenshot but it's not saving data and doesn't upload to my work diary.

I tried to restart the timer tracker, clear cached, uninstall-reinstall but still nothing happens.

I sent this issue to support but no one responded to me yet.

Please help!

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

If I will continue working but the time tracker has an issue, is it possible that all the screenshots will be cached?

Thank you!

i think it's issue, and i have the same and reported to upwork team

Is there any solution yet? I got a lot of backlogs. This would be a problem.

Same here, alot of backlogs and i created Ticket with upwork team and waiting feedback

Do you think when I continue working with the time tracker turned on (as we know that there's an issue), is it possible that hours I worked will be cached?

Hi Jesse,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the time tracker app. I can see that you already have a ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Ms. Joanne,

Thank you for the response.

May I know when this issue will be resolved? I'm sorry to say this but I need to work on my tasks asap.

I hope it will not take long.

Again, thanks!

Hi Jesse! I am experiencing the same problem and I discovered one thing if I restart the app by clicking "settings" - "advanced" - troubleshooting - "restart" - then it restarts and uploads 10 minutes of the tracked time to the diary. And if I restart again - another 10 minutes get uploaded. I have to restart it as many times as 10 minute segments were tracked. But at least it's possible to upload time by this weird way. Sometimes it happens with a delay - I try and try and after a while it works.

Hi Diana, 

I tried what you did but on my end, nothing happens. I guess this needs a technical person to do this, still waiting for their response on my ticket. 

I hope this will resolve soon.

I've been forced to update the time tracker three times in the past 24 hours. What's going on?

Make that four times in 24 hours. 😞

6df9a19c
Community Member

The total time worked for the week is not updating. My weekly hours have been stuck at 17:40 although I have worked at least 2 hours and 40 minutes today. It shows no time worked in my work diary.  When I manually enter the time, it does not register. The error message feature is also not working and will not let me send a message. 

Also, the error messaging system through the app will not send. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Upwork support told me to go to advanced settings in the app and press clear cache. Then I had to re-login and everything is working!
jessedcit
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Today, I have experienced with the Time Tracker that is not working due to the latest update.

You can see my thread here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Time-Tracker-not-working-due-to-forced-Update/m-p/754775...

Problem:

The timer does screenshot but not updating the hour(s) worked to 'Work Diary'.

Solution:

If you already updated the Time Tracker with the latest version and experiencing this problem, try to uninstall it and install the beta version which you can download here: 

https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/

I hope this solution will ease your problem.

Happy working everyone.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that the issue has been resolved in the most recent App update. If you're still experiencing the issue, please try clearing the App's cache and restart it. It will trigger an update that should fix the issue. 

Thank you for your patience while we were getting this resolved.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, Valeria,
Problem is still here. No updates. Please share the link with new version. On the site I see the old 5.4.1.10 with the problem.

Hi Pavel,

You can download our newest app or our beta version Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran,

it still 5.4.1.10, and this version contains topic's issue

architectvan
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. time was not counted on the timer + now I can not connect to my timer.

Hi Ivan,

Could you please try the Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i give ticket your staff. all methods are dont work.

Last text when i try o loggin in upwork timer

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ivan, 

Please provide this information on your existing support ticket so that our team can assist you accordingly. I'll also follow up with them about your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

ok, thank you so much

Unfortunately the day has passed. All options offered by the support service do not work. and I can’t log in to my timer.

Hi Ivan,

The same situation I experienced til now there's no support replying to my ticket but please try to do this. It works with me.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Upwork-Desktop-Time-Tracker-Issue-May27/m-p/755187#M4608...

Thank you.

this week upwork timer dont work again. when i turn on timer i see message "connect lost", + time of work dont include in total time. (internet connect 50mb/s). + when i want tunr on upwork timer i see captcha but only 2 sec, i dont want put anythink because it hide. 

now the question. how can I explain to customers that I have been adding time manually for 2 weeks? because at first I couldn't work through the timer, then I could again, now I can't again. it lowers my reputation among customers.

Hi Ivan,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I can see that you already have an open ticket with our team. Please follow up with additional information directly there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I am having issues as well. I tried to submit a ticket from my timer and am receiving an error message in red that says "unable to complete request"

Its so strange...i was able to login and it took screenshots...but now my time is at 0..and nothing shows up in work diary.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths