cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork - Don't You Want Me To Get Projects?

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 17

Well, don't you?

How can I, when I keep encountering this message?:

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

With no explanation as to what "criteria" I'm missing.

I can do what this client needs - but they'll never know that. Maybe you can start writing my bids for me ... will that work? Then maybe you'll get your fees.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 17

I contacted support about this issue a couple of days ago and was told that it was a bug. They weren't clear, though, on whether the bug just erroneously displayed the message or was also telling clients we didn't meet criteria.

mtngigi
Community Guru
3 of 17

Thanks.

I was just came in to delete this post (if we can do that), because I realize how pointless it is, and how many other posts there are about this issue. There was the one about the language thing, that I and many others start.

Hard to believe how often bugs make it hard to bid. Yeah, they tell us the clients still see our bids, but somehow, I don't believe that.

I request that clients be made aware of this issue so as not to bypass our bids ... that would be nice.

Edited to add: link is about a month and a half old ... really?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 17

Hi Virginia,

I can confirm that the warning is shown due to a bug. Our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible. You can find more information about the issue here.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
5 of 17

I'm not interested in looking at "more information". Because what's the point? Your engineers must get some major overtime. I mean seriously, did UW hire one of those $5 web designers to build this site? It's unreal.

jackiepeeler
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
6 of 17

Well, I'm very glad to learn it is a bug. Everytime I have seen it, I have actually not had the required hours, as I work mostly fixed rate and haven't been here too long. 

I have won jobs on such proposals with an "NB" saying I have that many hours worked, but they are not logged as such by Upwork. Also have had success with the less than 90% JS using same tactic.

sam-eer
Sameer A Member Since: Apr 15, 2016
7 of 17

It is not only this issue but there are some other issues as well on which Upwork team should work. One issue which i have noticed using Upwork that is for one job there are more than 60 or 70 proposals which happens most often and it is like a dream Smiley Sad that you may get a job out of so many proposals until or unless the client see all the submitted proposals. There must be any limit set to some extent to ensure that there is reasonable chance for every person for getting the job may be 25 to 35 proposals i think. One more thing which i have noticed since i have started working on upwork now that is on some jobs the clients takes too much time to respond and sometime the job is remained open for several weeks without hiring anyone neither the client responds nor does the job gets expired. In short more more efforts are required to improve the existing system.

Thank You,

mtngigi
Community Guru
8 of 17

I appreciate what you just wrote, but lets not digress. This is about bugs, not their rules.

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
9 of 17

Virginia:

The answer is "No" they don't want you to get projects.

This is my assumption because they are constantly sending me emails to ACT FAST because a job that is totally irrelevant to my skill set has been posted.

What they do want you to do is chug through your connects so that you buy more.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 17

@Cheryl K wrote:

Virginia:

The answer is "No" they don't want you to get projects.

This is my assumption because they are constantly sending me emails to ACT FAST because a job that is totally irrelevant to my skill set has been posted.

What they do want you to do is chug through your connects so that you buy more.

It seems very difficult to believe that Upwork would prefer that you spend $10 or $20 on additional connects rather than accept a $1,000 job and pay them a $100 fee.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS