cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Downtime Stopped Automatic Payment

iaabraham
Community Guru

I've set my funds to automatically withdraw to my account at the end of each month. Upwork was having site issues since last night, and this morning I didn't receive my usual automatic payment confirmation email from Upwork. I checked my Reports, saw that the money didn't transfer automatically to my account like it should have, and had to transfer it manually. 

I don't see anyone else complaining about this issue though - was I the only one who was affected? I'm a little disturbed that the downtime affected my payment schedule. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There were available funds, but I hadn't manually initiated a payment yet when I responded to you earlier.

The funds were actually released automatically a few hours ago (about 10 hours after I typically get the payment confirmation), so I guess Upwork tried to fix the problem by triggering the automatic payments, even though they were late.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ajswesley

The same thing happened to me. I am on a weekly payment schedule, and in my case it wasn't clear if the automatic payment hadn't been made, or if there was a slight delay in my hourly payments being released.

Thanks for speaking up.

Susanna, so did you initiate a manual payment, or were the available funds showing as "0"?

There were available funds, but I hadn't manually initiated a payment yet when I responded to you earlier.

The funds were actually released automatically a few hours ago (about 10 hours after I typically get the payment confirmation), so I guess Upwork tried to fix the problem by triggering the automatic payments, even though they were late.

View solution in original post

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle Anne and Susanna,

There was a slight delay with scheduled payments being released because of the site incident, but they have already been processed. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it caused.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for confirming Valeria. I wouldn't really call it a "slight delay" though, because my money was still there over 7 hours after the automatic transfer should have happened. I wish they would have at least notified users that automatic payments would be delayed.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS