🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Dying?
Page options
atechnologist
Community Member

Upwork Dying?

Is Upwork Dying? This question comes into my mind when I think of great companies and startups that have vanished. 

13 REPLIES 13
nyonomega0
Community Member

Ashfaq R wrote:

Is Upwork Dying?

Not really.

Sure, there have been some problems lately but that hasn't put a dip in Upwork's popularity. Yet.

Ashfaq R wrote:

This question comes into my mind when I think of great companies and startups that have vanished. 

What do you mean and what does it have to do with Upwork dying?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashfaq,

When it comes to Upwork vanishing, apart from an unlikely cosmic event of a black hole appearing, this isn't on our road map and we feel strongly about delivering on the promise we made to our users.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

When it comes to Upwork vanishing, apart from an unlikely cosmic event of a black hole appearing,

Considering the last couple of years, I'm not sure a black hole is 'that' unlikely. 

Or a zombie apocalypse.

Jamie F wrote:

Vladimir G wrote:

When it comes to Upwork vanishing, apart from an unlikely cosmic event of a black hole appearing,

Considering the last couple of years, I'm not sure a black hole is 'that' unlikely. 

Or a zombie apocalypse.

Quick, someone post a job for a corporate obituary!

(J/k, obviously, I hope)

I feel a limerick coming on ... 

6ef0168a
Community Member

Yes, it is. Because UpWork blocked all Russians and Belorussians accounts under a far-fetched pretext.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Denis K wrote:

Yes, it is. Because UpWork blocked all Russians and Belorussians accounts under a far-fetched pretext.

A far fetched pretext?

Lolz

Jamie F wrote:

Denis K wrote:

A far fetched pretext?

Lolz

You say potato, I say potato....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af6RQ7OcE5A

researchediting
Community Member

No.

ericaandrews
Community Member

Not that I know of.  Money keeps arriving in my account every week, so mine seems to be working fine.  😊

bundie702
Community Member

In a word, no.

c6068a46
Community Member

In my experience it seems upwork is indeed dying. I personally cannot buy connects to apply to jobs. Isn't that the whole point of upwork? There is no email to contact support on the website, no chat, nothing on the app either. I found an email to contact support on the Google play store - why would it be there and nowhere else? I sent an email, and got an automated response saying that email was no longer in service. Sounds like Upwork is going under to me. What's the point of having the app if I can't apply to jobs?

celgins
Community Member

You may need to post your message in the Support Forum. An Upwork moderator can work with the support team to determine why you are unable to purchase Connects.

But yes--the support email no longer works and the support chatbot rarely gives the best responses.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths