Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Emails always end up in Spam folder

trevordaniel2
Trevor D Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
1 of 27

Hi,

My email address is a hotmail one and I access it through Outlook.

Every email that comes through from Upwork ends up in the "Junk E-mail" folder.

I have manually selected the emails every time they come in and selected "Not Junk", "Never Block Sender" and even "Never Block Sender Domain".... and still they are categorised as Junk....

This must be a major problem for Upwork not just me...?

Why has Upwork got these strange email domains and all the emails are mark "On behalf of"?

"donotreply=upwork.com@mg.upwork.com; on behalf of; Upwork Notification <donotreply@upwork.com>"

Are Upwork falling for the old problem of trying to be too clever?

Whatever I do I cannot get Upwork emails to come into my Inbox...

Anyone else?

Any ideas?

Trev

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 27

I have the same issue. And I have set up "rules" in my Mac Mail account so that emails get sorted out and sent to specific folders. It works on everything except Upwork emails - I have scratched my head over this and given up trying to figure it out.

Upwork chats go to the right folder, as do open ticket responses, but everything else related to jobs, recommendations, milestone notices, unread messages, etc., all end up in the junk folder.

ETA: It's interesting to find out it may not just be me.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 27

Trevor and Virginia,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'll have the team investigate this problem and will provide you with an update on this thread.

Edit: Could you please let us know if you noticed when Upwork emails started to go to your spam/junk folder?

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
4 of 27

Well, it's interesting to note that the problem may not be on my end.

As far as I can remember, Valeria, it's been doing this right from the start for me.. If not right away, as least early on ... it's been going on for a long while.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
5 of 27

Thanks for following up, Virginia. We are currently checking on our end as to why it may be happening. Could you please PM me the email headers for some of the emails that are marked as spam? Here is an article on how to view the email headers for different email providers.

We appreciate your collaboration.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
6 of 27

I know how to view headers .... the one email in my junk folder has a header a mile long - are you sure you want to see it?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
7 of 27

That would be very helpful, Virginia. You can send it to me in a private message if it's more convenient.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
8 of 27

Just did.

mtngigi
Community Guru
9 of 27

Any updates on this issue, Valeria?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
10 of 27

Virginia,

The team investigated and haven't found any known issues on our end. However, we suspect that there may been an issue connected to your email domain, which is a bit outdated. The team is working to confirm if that's the issue and whether we can still have the notifications delivered successfully to that email.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS