Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Emails always end up in Spam folder

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
11 of 27

Okay ... thanks. Of course I get all my other UW notifications just fine.

gareth_gotlegs
Gareth B Member Since: May 9, 2020
12 of 27

I seem to be having the same problem. I have tried to set up rules but everytime a client sends me an email it ends up in my spam folder. I don't know how to move it to my inbox. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 27

re: "I seem to be having the same problem. I have tried to set up rules but everytime a client sends me an email it ends up in my spam folder. I don't know how to move it to my inbox."

Unfortunately, Upwork does not know either.

Upwork can't help you with this problem.

This is something that you would need to work through with your email software, email vendor and/or internet provider.

Like any individual or organization that sends email, there are things they can do on their end to minimize the likelihood that a message ends up in a spam folder. Upwork already is doing many of those things. But Upwork has no control over that later stages of the email process.

erikadawnprice
Erika P Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
14 of 27

I have the same issue. All upwork emails end up in my spam, even if I change my email inbox and spam filtration settings. It has been an issue for many months. Any tips would be very helpful as it has cost me some jobs, or at least cost me some clients' patience. 

mtngigi
Community Guru
15 of 27

I don't know how it can cost you jobs or try your client's patience. Don't you get instant notication when an email arrives?

trevordaniel2
Trevor D Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 27

@Virginia F wrote:

I don't know how it can cost you jobs or try your client's patience. Don't you get instant notication when an email arrives?

Perhaps beacuse you don't get notification if it goes into the spam folder???

trevordaniel2
17 of 27

The strange thing is that i always get notifictions of new post on forum threads....

which comes from Community Mailer <mailer@lithium.com>

mtngigi
Community Guru
18 of 27

I get notifications for all my emails, no matter which folder they fall into.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 27

Trevor and Erika,

Could you please also send me a private message with some headers of the messages from Upwor that end up in your spam/scam folder? We have a team investigating and trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

Thank you.

@Valeria K. wrote:

Thanks for following up, Virginia. We are currently checking on our end as to why it may be happening. Could you please PM me the email headers for some of the emails that are marked as spam? Hereis an article on how to view the email headers for different email providers.

~ Valeria
Upwork
trevordaniel2
20 of 27

Hi Valeria,

I have just PMd you headers from 2 example emails..

Trev

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS