🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Enterprise Client spend 1 day to nego ...
Page options
pardiu
Community Member

Upwork Enterprise Client spend 1 day to nego the price

this is my first time to work with**Edited for Community Guidelines**, previously they did interviewed me, ask me for chinese font before any contract start.

today is the real time to start work after couple months. a very simple task (**Edited for Community Guidelines**), but i quote them 50 usd because of they refuse to go into as hourly charge, and they always need 1 days to revert, approve the quotation.

but at the end they come back and tell me this should be a very easy task which suppose to be very cheap.

my question is: am i wrong to charge higher because of the procedures took me some time.

(perviously i did give them free font and advice on other job before any contract started)

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You can't really charge a client for having taken up your time in the past (though I question why they asked you to give them a font - they should have purchased it themselves). I also don't understand why you think it's a problem for a client to take a day to approve your quote? There's nothing unusual about that.

But it doesn't matter what I think - you should charge whatever price you're comfortable with. $50 is reasonable as a minimum price even for an easy fixed price job.
tlbp
Community Member

You shouldn't agree to work for any price or for any client if it doesn't meet your personal standards. In my opinion, a client who asks for lots of free advice and then argues about the fee is not one I would want to work with. They are likely to always want more work for less money. 

Tonya P wrote:

You shouldn't agree to work for any price or for any client if it doesn't meet your personal standards. In my opinion, a client who asks for lots of free advice and then argues about the fee is not one I would want to work with. They are likely to always want more work for less money. 

In general I would agree, but I find that Enterprise clients do take a lot more time for onboarding. It can be worth the time if they have steady work, though. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members