cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Enterprise Client spend 1 day to nego the price

pardiu
Teoh S Member Since: Oct 27, 2017
1 of 4

this is my first time to work with**Edited for Community Guidelines**, previously they did interviewed me, ask me for chinese font before any contract start.

today is the real time to start work after couple months. a very simple task (**Edited for Community Guidelines**), but i quote them 50 usd because of they refuse to go into as hourly charge, and they always need 1 days to revert, approve the quotation.

but at the end they come back and tell me this should be a very easy task which suppose to be very cheap.

my question is: am i wrong to charge higher because of the procedures took me some time.

(perviously i did give them free font and advice on other job before any contract started)

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 4
You can't really charge a client for having taken up your time in the past (though I question why they asked you to give them a font - they should have purchased it themselves). I also don't understand why you think it's a problem for a client to take a day to approve your quote? There's nothing unusual about that.

But it doesn't matter what I think - you should charge whatever price you're comfortable with. $50 is reasonable as a minimum price even for an easy fixed price job.
tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 4

You shouldn't agree to work for any price or for any client if it doesn't meet your personal standards. In my opinion, a client who asks for lots of free advice and then argues about the fee is not one I would want to work with. They are likely to always want more work for less money. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4 of 4

Tonya P wrote:

You shouldn't agree to work for any price or for any client if it doesn't meet your personal standards. In my opinion, a client who asks for lots of free advice and then argues about the fee is not one I would want to work with. They are likely to always want more work for less money. 

In general I would agree, but I find that Enterprise clients do take a lot more time for onboarding. It can be worth the time if they have steady work, though. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS