🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork European adress and identification req...
Page options
josepnavarro
Community Member

Upwork European adress and identification required by Spanish TAX Office to get VIES VAT number

I'm sapnish freelance with local VAT number. Upwork requires a european operator VAT number registered in VIES in order to not charge TAXES on their fee. At this point should be all ok.

But the problem Spanish TAX Office supervisor is asking me ti justify en European operation to include me in VIES, which means they are asking me for Upwork's european location adress and VAT number, but is Upwork is billing me from US, in dollar.

This is losing all sense. Does anyone know if Upwork has an eurpean VIES VAT and adress?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josep,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My God, why Upwork always answers "one of our agents already reached to you directly..." rather than posting an answer to the topic. A lot of the questions is posted repeatedly and the answers are relevant and important for number of users... 

Hi Jiří,

There are some instances where someone's concern can be best addressed by an agent directly, which is why you see those replies. If there's something you need assistance with, feel free to post it here and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zapipedia
Community Member

Hello,

I am exactly at the same point with the VIES VAT number. Did you get the answer to this?

Thanks in advance.

Upwork VAT ID is EU528002406, registered in Netherlands. The EU validation mechanism does not validate that for some reason. For my accounting purposes I use the VAT ID above. 

Jiri

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members