🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Fraud activity
Page options
govardhanjain
Community Member

Upwork Fraud activity

Today (4/4/2020) ,  A guy name**Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork asked me to share my upwork credentials and acess teamviewer in exchange of money which is 10% of the  money that he will be earning with that account. Then I asked him why he can't do it with his account, He told me that he want to access the Europe network so that he can earn more money. He send me a sample contract when he signed with another guy which I am attaching. He also asked me to sign the contract for renting the account. To get more out of him, When asked to share the ID details or documents, he was reluctant to share that. 

I seriously want to report this illegal activity and please try to find this guy and shut his account permanently as soon as possible.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Govardhan,

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and share more information so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Govardhan,

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and share more information so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
parulverma7788
Community Member

A guy is using my profile and not sharing my paswrd i want to close my upwork account pls help

Parul V wrote:
A guy is using my profile and not sharing my paswrd i want to close my upwork account pls help

Why did you let someone else use your Upwork account?

He told me that he will teach me other than me there are more than 20 menbers workng with him he collects all the information and then he make us do the interview and just pay us 2000 rupees and then he use our accounts without giving us the passwrd

Parul V wrote:
He told me that he will teach me other than me there are more than 20 menbers workng with him he collects all the information and then he make us do the interview and just pay us 2000 rupees and then he use our accounts without giving us the passwrd

Thank you for answering my question as to what actually happened.

That is a real problem, and I hope a moderator will reach out and get all the details from you. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that you will be given your account back, because what you did was in violation of several of  Upwork's terms of service, which you agreed to when you signed up. Selling or renting out your Upwork account, letting someone use your Upwork account and variations on the theme for payment are obviously not ok.

It's good that you reported it, so all those fraudulent accounts can be closed down and permanently banned.

I was unware of this upwork work he said he will teach me but before that he is to make my id for that he took my documnts and photograph now m clueless he didnt evn shared passwrd with me for my account in fact he was the one who made the gmail and i dont have access to that also so how can i get my account deactivated pls tell me it contains my personal detail

Hi Parul,

Could you please send me a private message with more information about this along with your Upwork username or registered email address?

Edited to add: A couple of posts on this thread were removed as they were in violation of the Community Guidelines. I would like to remind everyone to be mindful of the guidelines before posting.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D.,

Do you think all of the remaining posts on this thread are "...helpful, constructive, and encouraging..."?

This is one of the specific three bullet points in the Community Guidelines?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members