🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Hiring Process
Page options
raichandmk
Community Member

Upwork Hiring Process

Hello Everyone,

So my question today is that is sending proposals the only way to get hired on upwork?
Or
Can Clients hire freelancers through search engine?

If the answer to the second question is yes, than why I haven’t been hired without sending a proposal till date?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Muhammad Mohsin K wrote:
Hello Everyone,

So my question today is that is sending proposals the only way to get hired on upwork?
Or

If the answer to the second question is yes, than why I haven’t been hired without sending a proposal till date?

Thanks

Clients may send you invites, which still require a proposal or at least response, and occasionally you may receive an offer without any invite or interview. But that, in my opinion, is rare to receive a contract without any invite or interview. It has happened to me only a few times, and I'm in a small niche with a solid profile, JSS, and great reviews. 

You are likely not receiving offers without an invite or proposal because you are newer, have lower earnings, are not yet top rated, and you are in an oversaturated field. Most of us get work through proposals, whether they are unsolicited or through invites. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Muhammad Mohsin K wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Or

Thanks

Clients may send you invites, which still require a proposal or at least response, and occasionally you may receive an offer without any invite or interview. But that, in my opinion, is rare to receive a contract without any invite or interview. It has happened to me only a few times, and I'm in a small niche with a solid profile, JSS, and great reviews. 

You are likely not receiving offers without an invite or proposal because you are newer, have lower earnings, are not yet top rated, and you are in an oversaturated field. Most of us get work through proposals, whether they are unsolicited or through invites. 

Thanks Amanda,

Really appriciate your response

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammad Mohsin K.,

We have been told...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Edited-competition/td-p/793643/page/2

“…33% of jobs on Upwork are posted privately–clients fill these by searching for the key skills they need and invite freelancers who fit the bill to submit a proposal…”

As you refine your profile, build your portfolio and increase your work experience on Upwork, you might find yourself getting these invitations from potential clients. I'd guess your likelihood of getting hired is higher when you are invited by the client compared to making unsolicited proposals. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths