🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Hourly Contract with default weekly Pa...
Page options
inverse_shakil
Community Member

Upwork Hourly Contract with default weekly Payment

Hi, 

Recently I got hired by a client for whom i will work full time (40 hrs/week). So he set an option weekly payment for a week. Now I have tracked my full 40 hours this week. Let's say my rate is $20, and the client has set up 800 per week.

I'm confused if I track 40 hours and weekly payment is $800, will at the end of week the bill will be $1600 or $800?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I want such a way that i am getting paid $800 per week, with 40hrs log added on my profile. 

Would be helpful if someone could clarify on this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Md. Syful Islam S wrote:

I'm confused if I track 40 hours and weekly payment is $800, will at the end of week the bill will be $1600 or $800?

You would be paid $ 1600 and your client would have a heart attack.

I want such a way that i am getting paid $800 per week, with 40hrs log added on my profile. 

That does not work. Now the contract is set up, the only way to NOT overcharge the client is to not track time. Of course there is no protection for the weekly payment. It also adds no hours.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Md. Syful Islam S wrote:

You would be paid $ 1600 and your client would have a heart attack.

That does not work. Now the contract is set up, the only way to NOT overcharge the client is to not track time. Of course there is no protection for the weekly payment. It also adds no hours.

Will automatically 40hrs will add on my profile? Kind of confused here.

Md. Syful Islam S wrote:

Will automatically 40hrs will add on my profile? Kind of confused here.

No. Just the earnings.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members