🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Hourly Protection
Page options
innovatusc
Community Member

Upwork Hourly Protection

I got a mail today morning about a client's payment being unsuccessful. The mail further went on to say:

1. 'During our review we found that some or all of the hours billed did not meet the criteria due to insufficient or no memos recorded in your Work Diary.'

2. Going forward, any hours not logged in accordance with the policy will be reversed.

Q1: What is an insufficient memo? There's no minimum character limit set that could qualify a memo as insufficient.

Q2: How frequently does the memo need to be recorded/updated? I am sometimes required to switch between different tasks, do I have to update the memo every time I switch to a new task?

Q3: Updating memos is NOT a client requirement. So, while I understand this may not qualify for hourly protection, how fair is it to reverse the hours?

Any and all advices appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Prashant R wrote:

Q1: What is an insufficient memo? There's no minimum character limit set that could qualify a memo as insufficient.

Q2: How frequently does the memo need to be recorded/updated? I am sometimes required to switch between different tasks, do I have to update the memo every time I switch to a new task?

Q3: Updating memos is NOT a client requirement. So, while I understand this may not qualify for hourly protection, how fair is it to reverse the hours?

Q1: The memo has to clearly describe what you are working on

Q2: You change the memo when you start working on something else

Q3: The client never PAID for those hours. So Upwork never got paid for those hours. At that stage, what the client requires becomes irrelevant, because the protection would have meant that Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket.

Did you work for that client last week too? If so, expect the same thing again next week unless the client pays Upwork..... 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members