Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Interface is very irritating on my Profile Only

shanmajeed54
Community Leader
Shan M Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
1 of 11

Hello Everyone, This is my first post here on forum. I'm very exhausted from Upwork system. I've been facing an issue from months. Reported it multiple times on their facebook page but who cares. Contact them through a ticket but who cares?

It has been a week now but no one there to listen me. This is what for which I'm paying 10% of my earnings. It's really very furstating. Anyhow, I'm now making a last try on forum. Maybe a freelancer would be able to help me to get out of this.

The problem that I'm facing is the interface. Often, when I Log in to my account. It shows a red error box saying (couldn't retrieve jobs) and I see empty job feed. Not only this the issue I'm facing. With this, all things look random and very irritating on my profile. The interface looks like I'm in editing mode or don't know whatever this mode is.

I tried to sort it out by myself. I called my friend who is also working on Upwork. I asked him to log in his account on my PC. His profile was absoultly normal but I was still getting the issue on same browser, same PC.

Now, I'm going to make it clear to you people. Please go this link http://prntscr.com/aq6xve

The above link is from my account. I've highlighted the box with red where I see random things. You can also see the whole interface is very irregular. If you'll notice closely, nothing is normal in this profile. 

Now, Please visit this one as well http://prntscr.com/aq6wxc

The above link is from my friend's account on the same PC and browser. Please view both of these sceenshots and spot the difference. Anyone, who know the solution . . Please respond to me through this forum asap.

I just want to get rid of it. I'll be very thankful to you for any help.

Best,

Shan

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 11

All I can see is a difference in the greens.  But there seems to be a trend backwards to when oDesk became Upwork, and when the site was incredibly tiring to navigate because of a small font and a harsh, dark green and bright blacks.

shanmajeed54
Community Leader
3 of 11

No, Please try to have a closer look on these both screenshots. The whole interface is different. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 11

Shan I do see there are differences in the interface. Sometimes there are when Upwork is testing. But I can't help as I am only a freelancer like you. I am sure a moderator will soon answer your concerns.

shanmajeed54
Community Leader
5 of 11

I do appreciate your quick response. Can you please tell me if there is somthing wrong like this with your profile?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 11

Hi Shan,

I've checked your account and do see that the tabs on the left appear differently. I see you already submitted a ticket regarding this discrepancy.

However, I don't see the error message you mentioned and also see you didn't provide a screenshot of the error on the Support ticket. I also see the Job Feed tabs are working as designed, so it appears the issue is only with their appearance. Please share any additional information on the ticket so our team could review.

Untitled
shanmajeed54
Community Leader
7 of 11

Thank you for your response but I'm amazed to see that I've not provided you any information yet. Please look at those two screenshots. My interface is totally damaged. See the second screenshot that is taken on the same PC from my friend's account.

I also mentioned that I often get an error "Couldn't retrieve jobs" when I log in to my account. Interface is totally disturbing. Things on the profile are scattered. Why this happenig only to my profile? This is my question and I need answer for that.

I provided as much information as I could. In return . . when they couldn't find the solution. They just stoppd responding to my ticket. Do you think is this the solution?

Thanks

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 11

@Shan M wrote:

Thank you for your response but I'm amazed to see that I've not provided you any information yet. Please look at those two screenshots. My interface is totally damaged. See the second screenshot that is taken on the same PC from my friend's account.

I also mentioned that I often get an error "Couldn't retrieve jobs" when I log in to my account. Interface is totally disturbing. Things on the profile are scattered. Why this happenig only to my profile? This is my question and I need answer for that.

I provided as much information as I could. In return . . when they couldn't find the solution. They just stoppd responding to my ticket. Do you think is this the solution?

Thanks

It's happening to me too, Shan. I didn't know that it should look differently before seeing your friend's screenshot. Upwork's design is so terrible that I thought it was normal Smiley LOL

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 10.48.13.png

As for the red  box saying 'couldn't retrieve jobs' - I've seen it more than once; it goes away when I refresh the page.

shanmajeed54
Community Leader
9 of 11

Yeah, It's very painful brother. I'm happy now because I'm not alone now. I've a partner like you now who is facing the same Smiley Very Happy

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 11

Hi Shan,

Let me clarify that I asked you to provide any additional information you might have on your ticket, which was escalated a couple of days ago to the appropriate department for review. In order to troubleshoot the error message you reported seeing often on your account, we do need a screenshot of that message, which is what our agent requested on your ticket and why I posted the instructions about the additional information.

The agent didn't stop responding but is waiting for the information necessary to proceed with troubleshooting the issue you reported.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS