🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Interviewer No-Show
Page options
sandy72300
Community Member

Upwork Interviewer No-Show

I was invited by an Upwork Team Lead to apply for a particular position which I accepted. She has sent me a link for me to book an interview with her. I chose a particular date and time and there was a box that says I should input my profile link but it was disabled so I told her that. She didn't reply. I rescheduled the interview and tried if I can put my profile link on the designated box but it was still disabled. But there was a confirmation on "YOU CAN BOOK ME" that says I am scheduled for interview on Oct. 31, 2019 6PM (Manila Time). The interviewer is supposed to send me a link to the meeting room before the interview starts but nobody came. I've been waiting for more almost 30 minutes but I am not sure if she is coming as she's not online on Upwork. What's the next step for me? I've prepared more than 2 hours for this interview. It's just so sad.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lorie,

I`m sorry about the confusion and the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Our team member was waiting for you as well but it looks like for some reason you weren't able to connect with each other. The team member also saw your messages and will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you further. If you have any additional questions let me know, or feel free to reply directly to our team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Interview room? book a time? I have never come across such a service on upwork myself, usually in the event of an invite you can either accept or decline. If you accept then you submit your proposal (free) and go into a chat room with the client.

If the client is unresponsive in that chat i assume it is because they dont like the terms on my proposal. 

Not sure if there is another interview system i have not seen yet on Upwork or if your client is getting you to interview on another system - In either case if they are not around when they agreed and dont respond to you its time to move on. They know how to get hold of you should they wish to do so.

It was not an outside client. It was actually Upwork who's hiring. It was also my first time being invited by Upwork itself (not Upwork in behalf of a client or a company). The Upwork recruiter sent me a link to youcanbook.me and I was free to book a schedule of interview. Once confirmed, the recruiter is supposed to send me a link to Google meet before the scheduled interview. But I received nothing and nobody explained what happened.

Lorie F wrote:

It was not an outside client. It was actually Upwork who's hiring. It was also my first time being invited by Upwork itself (not Upwork in behalf of a client or a company). The Upwork recruiter sent me a link to youcanbook.me and I was free to book a schedule of interview. Once confirmed, the recruiter is supposed to send me a link to Google meet before the scheduled interview. But I received nothing and nobody explained what happened.

Oh i see. Still, i guess if they have gone quiet there is not alot you can do? They know how to get you if they want to take things further/try again. Maybe they already found a suitable candidate?

Jonathan H wrote:

Interview room? book a time? I have never come across such a service on upwork myself,

Perfectly normal procedure, especially for recruiters and team leads who frequently hire for their teams.

Fair enough! is that facility available to all Upwork clients that wish to interview freelancers? Just curious as its not something i have ever noticed (not that i've looked).

ETA - Just read that the actual booking part was elsewhere. all makes sense to me now. sorry Smiley LOL

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lorie,

I`m sorry about the confusion and the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Our team member was waiting for you as well but it looks like for some reason you weren't able to connect with each other. The team member also saw your messages and will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you further. If you have any additional questions let me know, or feel free to reply directly to our team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes, I was able to talk to her already. Apparently, the room link I was waiting to be sent to my email and Upwork chat didn't come. Anyway, I've already booked/rescheduled the interview; hoping to get a shot at the position.

Thanks and more power!

Lorie

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members